Tricia Heyland (MSc, NCAC, MBACP reg.)
I am an integrative psychotherapist, with 24 years of experience. I began my career working in the eating disorder and addiction (both substance and process) fields, and my approach to therapy is to provide a safe, non-judgmental environment which can facilitate both healing and hope.
My qualifications include an MSc in Psychology and Counselling from Greenwich University, a Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from Roehampton University and a Diploma in Eating Disorder Skills from the National Centre for Eating Disorders, where I am a member of their clinical team. In addition, I am a trained supervisor (Metanoia trained).
EMDR training with Dr. Sandi Richman to advanced level.
I have also completed five trainings with Pia Mellody at the Meadows in Arizona, which has led me to facilitating trauma reduction programmes since 2007 at two major psychiatric hospitals in the UK, as well as in Switzerland. These programmes are aimed to provide self awareness, shame reduction and integration for those suffering from the effects of developmental trauma (complex PTSD), and I use this method of working in my private practice, when appropriate.
I also work with other therapies such as EFT, Matrix Reimprinting, Hypnotherapy and am a Reiki master. I completed one year of Peter Levine's Somatic Experiencing course, and firmly believe the wonderful neuroscientist, Dan Siegel, when he talks about the body as the unconscious mind.
“The other day it came to me how grateful I am to have had you as my counsellor, so attentive, patient and connected.....”
Another ex-client after my recording a response: “Aww, it’s so nice to hear your voice again, Tricia! It touches my heart to hear you actually”
Training, qualifications & experience
- One year Addiction Counselling certificate (full-time) - Priory Hospital Group 1995
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling and Psychotherapy, Roehampton University, 1998
- Diploma in Eating Disorder Skills from National Centre for Eating Disorders, 2000
- MSc in Addiction Psychology and Counselling, Greenwich University, 2002
- Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy 2005
- EMDR training x 3 (2007/8)
- Certificate in the Principles of the Theory & Practice of Supervision - Metanoia 2012
- I have various other counselling certificates in EFT and NLP.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Negotiatable, depending upon location.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Friday and Saturday each week