Tricia Heyland (MSc, NCAC, MBACP)
I am an integrative psychotherapist, with 23 years of experience. I began my career working in the eating disorder and addiction (both substance and process) fields.
Working in these areas made me aware of both codependency and developmental trauma, which led to training with Pia Mellody at the Meadows, Arizona, five times, and to EMDR training (advanced level).
I am currently undertaking training in Peter Levine's Somatic Experiencing. I am also a qualified hypnotherapist, and use both EFT and NLP, if appropriate.
Training, qualifications & experience
- One year Addiction Counselling certificate (full-time) - Priory Hospital Group 1995
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling and Psychotherapy, Roehampton University, 1998
- Diploma in Eating Disorder Skills from National Centre for Eating Disorders, 2000
- MSc in Addiction Psychology and Counselling, Greenwich University, 2002
- Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy 2005
- EMDR training x 3 (2007/8)
- Certificate in the Principles of the Theory & Practice of Supervision - Metanoia 2012
- I have various other counselling certificates in EFT and NLP.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
£100 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Friday and Saturday each week