Oasis Counselling Services
Oasis counselling services comprises a group of counsellors committed to delivering counselling to those who need it.
We provide :
- Confidential and unbiased one to one counselling.
- Marriage/Relationship Counselling.
- Pre Marital counselling.
- Teenagers and young people.
- Children and families.
- Integrated counselling tailored to your needs.
- Regular weekly sessions
We are open Monday - Friday daytime and evening, & Saturday morning only.
We are based in the centre of Dartford.
Training, qualifications & experience
Our professional group consists of Counsellors, Psychotherapists and Counselling psychologists.
Our counsellors training include CBT, Psychodynamic, Person Centred and Integrative counselling approaches.
We have experience of working with a range of issues including but not limited to
- Emotional and Physical Abuse
- Anger Management
- Couples counselling
- Young people counselling
- Social anxiety
And many more issues of life
Member organisations *
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling we deal with
Our counselling sessions are as follows:
£45 for individuals
£55 for couples
We operate a Bursary Fund subject to availability.
Please contact us if you need further information.
Monday - Friday, day and evening; Saturday morning
What you can expect in a session:
Our belief as counsellors is that it can be therapeutic to be listened to and supported. This forms the basis of a session. Initially there will be an assessment session where you will be asked questions like ‘Have you ever had counselling before?’ ‘What has bought you to counselling at this time?’ What would you like to gain from having counselling?’ Usually a session will last between 50 – 60 minutes.
There are many models and ways of exploring the issues that people come with and each counsellor may work in a slightly different way. You are always at liberty to saying ‘no’ to working in a way that you find uncomfortable.
As counsellors we aim to:
- Provide a safe and welcoming space for people to come and talk about the issues that are challenging for them and may be causing them emotional distress.
- Provide a confidential service within the bounds of legal and ethical structures. If we feel obliged to break confidentiality we will discuss it with you before taking any action.
- Be non-judgemental in interacting with all clients, regardless of their gender, race, religion and any other differences.
- Provide a safe place for clients to explore their issues and face their fears.
- Help people to find new ways to enhance their lives. Our job is not to offer advice or make decisions for you.