Michel-Eric Cizniar, MBACP (English/French) - Video or Chat from where you are!
Counselling • Psychotherapy • Executive coaching
Depression • Anxiety • Panic attacks • Relationships • Bereavement • Self-harming • Self-esteem • Abuse • Confidence • Sexuality and gender identity • Over/under-eating • Work, Education & Career • Guided self-exploration • Office politics and team management
Late sessions until 11:00pm • Online calendar / booking • Video / chat / e-mail • Counselling / Coaching (1-12 sessions) or Psychotherapy (>12 sessions) • Sliding-scale fees • Low fees for students • English / French • Card or cash.
Enquire / book session / request a referral pack : email@example.com or
Check availability calendar / initiate chat / book / pay session : website coming soon
Some on-site sessions are also available in Nottingham and in London if you live in these areas. Please enquire!
Hi! And a warm welcome to you. I guess that you are coming here looking for someone safe and supportive. Are you feeling low at the moment? Are you going through a hard time? Are you missing something, someone? Or on the contrary, are you having too much on your plate? Are you conflicted, split, feeling cornered? Is it a recent problem? Or one that has poisoned all your life and that you are finally decided to address? Whatever your reason, I would first like to congratulate for your courage. It's never easy to resort to asking for help.
You will find that it's good to be able to talk to a professional, empathic, non-judgemental person about things you wouldn't have felt comfortable discussing with a friend or your family! Talking therapy really works and I believe that counselling should be safe, professional and accessible.
- Safe: I am professionally insured, supervised (that is, I ask a fellow senior therapist to regularly critically assess my practice) and a member of the professional body BACP whose ethical codes put your welfare above any other considerations.
- Professional: I received a demanding training from one of the most prestigious psychotherapy training institutions in the UK and gained experience working with a variety of clients, from less than 12 sessions (counselling) to more than 100 each (psychotherapy), depending on the issues to address and the level of support needed.
- Accessible (financially): I don't charge a fixed price per session, but I ask you to dedicate if you are salaried, 1%-2% of your monthly net income (or 0.1%-0.2% of your yearly income) to your weekly session (with a minimum of £30). I believe that this is fairer than a concession on a fixed price.
- Accessible (in time): I am offering late evening slots until 11:00 pm, 7 days a week. Please check my availability calendar.
- Accessible (in location): I am putting a high emphasis on online therapy, be it by video, chat or e-mail. I hope to address the needs of people less able to visit me physically to my practice, and also to be more attuned with those who do everything from their computers and smartphone, because they are on the move, in a hotel room, struggling with transport, etc... (Some conditions apply).
If you believe that safety, professionalism and accessibility are the prerequisites for you to be able to open to an empathic and non-judgemental therapist, please get in touch. Send me an e-mail and we should be able to start your first session in no time and address your needs.
How does it work?
- First, I suggest you contact me by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or leave me a message on my website (tbc soon)
- We will agree on a 50 minutes assessment session, when and whether it is online (and which media), or face-to-face.
- During the assessment session, I will listen to you and you will explain to me what is going on. I will also need some details from you (the service is confidential but not anonymous). At the end of the session, we will define what we are expecting of our work together. The assessment session is free. Then I will offer an appointment for our next session, but you have absolutely no obligation to continue.
- For each of your following sessions, you will be able to pay by card if this is more convenient for you.
- Whatever the length of our work together, I suggest that we use the last session as a closing session, where we review the work done and the improvements. You may be surprised by your progress! Every 12 sessions, we have a review where we assess the progress and learnings so far and define the objectives of the 12 next sessions.
- The idea is to put you in the driver seat of your therapy. Remember when you learned to walk? Same process, consider me as your instructor or your coach, but you are the one who stands up, walks, and sets the pace: how far, how long, how difficult, in one stroll or several ones...
- This is an Adult only service. You need to be 18 or over.
- For online video sessions, you need to have a good internet connection and a private space (bedroom, etc...) which allows confidentiality. You also need to be alone (1 to 1 person therapy). You cannot record the sessions. The therapy may not take place if the conditions are not fulfilled and payment will still be due.
- There are strict rules regarding missing or rescheduling sessions (online or face to face) which will be explained as part of the administrative contract during the assessment session.
- Therapy is confidential but not anonymous and abides by the same rules as the medical profession in terms of confidentiality.
- There very specific cases where by law, confidentiality would be broken, which will be explained to you in the administrative contract.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualified Transactional Analysis Psychotherapeutic Counsellor • Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) • Graduated from Metanoia Institute, London • Practises since 2012 • Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and abiding by their codes of ethics • Fully insured and supervised.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Psychothérapie en français • Soutien psychologique • Coaching d’organisation
Counselling, psychotherapy and executive coaching offered in native French.
Dépression • Anxiété • Crises d’angoisse • Problèmes relationnels • Deuil • Violence contre soi • Estime de soi • Sexualité • Confiance en soi • Vie sentimentale • Boulimie/anorexie • Travail, études & carrière • Découverte de soi • Difficultés d’équipes et d’encadrement
Pas de liste d’attente • 10:00am-11:00pm sur RV • En cabinet ou à distance: vidéo / chat / e-mail • Confidentiel • Action ciblée / coaching (1-12 sessions) ou travail approfondi (>12 sessions) • Tarifs progressifs • Tarif étudiant • Paiement par carte ou espèces.
Michel-Eric CIZNIAR, Français (bilingue anglais) originaire de Paris et installé à Nottingham • Qualified Transactional Analysis Psychotherapeutic Counsellor • Diplômé du Metanoia Institute de Londres • Membre de la British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), dont je respecte le code éthique • Chef de Projets certifié PMP • Assurance Professionnelle.
I recommend that you dedicate a minimum of 1% to 2% of your monthly income to your weekly session (or 0.1%-0.2% of your yearly income), with a minimum of £30.
I suggest also £30 for students.
It has been well demonstrated since Freud that the fee is part of the therapy because it gives value to your work. There is no point in stretching you too much, though!
There are about 50 different therapeutic modalities around, which I understand is more than you need... and makes your choice difficult and confusing. The good news is: research shows that the modality comes only third as a predictor of success of your therapy (Norcross, 2002). The most important factor is actually what we call the "working alliance", that is the capacity of the client and the practitioner to create a therapeutic relationship based on trust and safety, for the therapeutic transformation to take place. Other important factors are the professionalism of the practitioner and the adequation of the therapy to the needs.
I read on some websites "our modality, unlike the others, is the only one that works". This arrogant statement makes me wonder if its author can also transmute lead into gold? The reality is that nobody holds "The Truth". The good therapy is the therapy that works for you and is effective, the good therapist the one that you can trust and helps you meet your goals.
If you choose me as your therapist, we will mainly work under the Relational Transactional Analysis therapeutic modality. Being quite of a mainstream approach, a lot of information can be found on the internet. Nevertheless, I thought it useful to sketch what are, in my view, some of its main points.
Transactional Analysis was developed by psychoanalytically trained American psychiatrist Dr Eric Berne in the 1950s, and was originally designed as a cognitive psychoanalysis for short-term therapies.
Over the last 60 years, thanks to its lively community, Transactional Analysis has happily integrated other Gestalt and Person-Centred influences and has blossomed into several schools. Some of my professors at the Metanoia Institute were the world-recognized founders of the “Relational” T.A. School, and have published many books and papers.
Transactional Analysis’s original tenets are structural analysis, functional analysis, game analysis, and script analysis. These, by certain aspects, resemble Ellis’s and Beck’s CBT (although Berne wasn’t aware of their respective work and nor were they of Berne’s).
The Relational school stresses the importance of the therapeutic alliance between the client and the practitioner. I am trained to identify interpersonal dynamics such as projective identifications and transferences that may occur in the therapy room and which will inform me about my client’s world - your "unthought known" (Bollas, 1987).
A typical treatment plan could start with a therapeutic contract and could go through decontamination (cognitive therapy), deconfusion (therapy of the unconscious), through to redecision work and crystallisation.
As my client, you don't have to be aware of going through these steps, which I will wrap in the foreground therapeutic relationship in the pure Carl Rogers tradition. Although one of our review sessions may be a good opportunity to reflect on it. Some of my clients are surprised by their progress!
To summarise, Relational Transactional Analysis may be viewed as a powerful two-person (Starck, 1999) integrative psychodynamic CBT promoting sustainable therapeutic change. Without the homework. And by no means a costly, intangible, lifelong indulgence!
(to be found by the search engine!)
Transactional Analysis • Analyse Transactionnelle • French • Français • Late • Online • video • chat • IM • Instant Messaging • e-mail • email • Coaching • Sliding-scale • students • Card • Nottingham • Londres • London