Maria Barletta - MBACP Integrative Counsellor and Clinical Hypnotherapist
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor (MBACP), Clinical Hypnotherapist (HS, BSCH) & Life Coach for Personal Development.
I offer online sessions short & long-term.
I help people who struggle with anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, stress, low mood, depression, lack of self-esteem, relationship problems, difficult life changes, bereavement, recovery from abuse, bullying at work.
My clients are at the centre of my work. I offer a compassionate, non-judgmental, and confidential service to my clients, where the principles of equality, diversity, and inclusion are central to my practice values.
My clients usually come to me when:
- They lack clarity about the meaning and purpose of their experiences
- They are at a crossroads
- They feel stuck
- They feel overwhelmed and in distress
- They feel unsatisfied with life
- They feel lost and confused
- They feel out of control
- They have a sense that "there is more" to life than just struggling and surviving
- They are in pain because they have been or are involved in toxic relationship dynamics either in their personal or work life
- They recognize there is a "pattern" in their experiences and want to understand this and move on so that can continue living their lives.
I can help you if:
- You are in pain or distress and need someone to talk to, who listens to you with an open mind, without judging you or giving you advice.
- You suffer from anxiety, panic attacks or phobias and are looking for someone to help you understand and manage the problem.
- You are struggling with a problem that keeps coming back and you don't understand why or what you are doing wrong.
- You are aware that something has to change in your life but you don't know what or how to change it.
- Although you long for a partner that is safe and reliable with whom you can share your life, you have a history of dysfunctional romantic relationships and you feel that "love is not for you." This makes you feel sad, alone, and unfulfilled, having a negative impact not only in the area of love but in other areas of your life.
- You have a history of experiencing bullying or mobbing at work or in other social contexts and you want to understand why this is happening to you.
- You feel unworthy, not good enough, lack self-confidence.
- You have an undesirable habit that you want to change.
Any of the above may involve the following: anxiety, depression, low mood, stress, abusive or toxic interpersonal relationships, trauma, and PTSD.
Over the years, I have developed a deep understanding of experiences that involve the following patterns: getting involved in unhealthy relationships; attracting abusive or narcissistic partners; feeling "chronically single" in spite of deeply desiring to be in a relationship; experiencing bullying in social or work contexts; perceiving oneself as lacking self-esteem, self-worth or self-confidence.
I started my journey as a therapist working with clients as a Life Coach and Hypnotherapist. I then decided to further my training as an Integrative Counsellor. I have travelled widely and lived in different countries. I speak English and Spanish and have a good level of French. Living in different countries has also provided me with the understanding of the experience of living in and adjusting to a different culture and issues associated with discrimination, loneliness, isolation, and cultural estrangement.
I can help you by giving you the support and encouragement you need. My aim is to support you to find clarity and feel empowered to make the changes you wish to make in your life.
I can guide you through the process of transformation, step by step, and with my help, you will feel supported and encouraged to find the internal resources and create the structures that you need in your life so that you can overcome the pain, distress or challenge that you are experiencing and break the cycle of the pattern that is holding you back.
I work online only - due to the constraints of the Covid-19.
To book a session, send me an email to arrange a phone consultation. The phone consultation lasts a maximum of 10-15 minutes. The consultation is for us to see if we can work together.
We will arrange a date and a way of working that suits both of us.
Once we agree to work together, I will send you an agreement and the details for payment. Once all this is completed, all you have to do is to attend the session with an open mind and a desire to make some changes!
In the first session, I will make a more thorough assessment of your present situation and we will discuss what outcomes you would like to get from the sessions.
Generally, clients accept to commit to a minimum of six sessions. In the fourth or fifth session, we can review our work together and re-contract as necessary.
You can also have a look at my website and see if what I write resonates with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am qualified in three therapeutic modalities: counselling, hypnotherapy and life coaching. I am also a qualified NLP practitioner and a Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer, so I have a good round understanding of the meaning of embodiment, health and wellbeing.
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Advanced Hypno-psychotherapy and Counselling
- Diploma in Integrative Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- PG Cert in Clinical Hypnosis (Dip. in Clinical Hypnotherapy)
- Diploma in Transformational Coaching
- I am also a CIMSPA registered Personal Trainer - Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training
Approaches I work with:
- Integrative Counselling
- Psychodynamic and CBT Principles
- Clinical Hypnotherapy (behavioural and analytical)
- Hypno-analysis and Inner Child work
- Life Coaching for Personal Development (with a holistic approach to Personal Development)
- Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Coaching
- Health Coaching and Coaching for Wellbeing
- Transactional Analysis
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP)
I am a member of:
- The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) - Registered Member (MBACP) -
- The Hypnotherapy Society (MHS) - Member
- The British Society of Clinical Hypnosis (BSCH) - Full Member
- CIMSPA (As a Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer) - Member
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
For more information please visit my website where you can read more about my approach to therapy.
You can also find some helpful resources in my blog.
From £50.00 to £90.00
Concessions offered for
I offer a 15 min initial phone consultation.
I charge on a sliding scale:
I suggest to commit to a minimum of 6 sessions for the therapy to be effective.
- My fee for most employed adults is £70 (50-60 min session).
- If interested in hypno-counselling £90 (for a 90 min session). This includes talking therapy + a session of hypnosis for the particular issue.
- Life coaching in the areas of career, life purpose and relationship coaching: £70 (50-60 min session). I don't offer concessions for life coaching.
Students, the elderly (retired) & individuals with disabilities (50 min session). Please contact me to discuss.
I work online. You can contact me and we can discuss availability.
I am only working online so if this is not for you, then, perhaps I am not "your counsellor".