MBACP Integrative Counsellor
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am an Integrative Counsellor (MBACP), Hypnotherapist (MHS, BSCH) & Life Coach for Personal Development.
I specialise in working with individuals who have relational difficulties, suffer from anxiety-related symptoms and struggle with low self-esteem and people-pleasing behaviours.
I facilitate change in my clients by offering a safe space for them to explore the issues they are struggling with.
Trained in the Integrative approach to counselling, I bring the wisdom of different approaches to therapeutic change, acknowledging that each client is a unique individual, and that what works for one person does not necessarily work for another. I believe that the “magic” of therapeutic healing can be found in the safe space that we co-create together in our sessions.
Living in five different countries has enriched my life experience, which has made me very attuned to the lived experiences of those who feel like outsiders, lonely and isolated, living in a foreign culture, away from their family of origin, or perhaps, who struggle daily with finding a sense of fulfillment and belonging. In addition, I bring to the sessions years of lessons learnt about what works and what doesn’t when it comes to breaking through unhealthy relational patterns.
I believe that people who come to therapy have all the resources they need to bring about clarity and healing, but sadly, due to negative life experiences, they have become alienated from their true self, and are unable to access the resources that would help them catalyse their healing and becoming.
In my therapy, I work best with people who:
-Are looking for a therapist with whom they can explore their problems in a caring, confidential, non-judgemental space.
-Are looking for a therapist who can help them to find ways to manage their problems and cope with their challenges in a way that is realistic, healthy, and effective.
-Are serious and committed to their self-development and growth.
Relational difficulties may manifest in a wide range of symptoms, for example: stress, anxiety, low mood, depression, low self-esteem, lack of self-confidence in different areas of life, lack of self-worth, weak or non-existent boundaries, and in some cases, where there has been considerable trauma, PTSD.
You may be having one or more of the following experiences:
-Difficulty forming and maintaining healthy, life-enhancing relationships
- Experiencing unhealthy recurring patterns in relationships (with family, friendships, colleagues, or romantic partners)
-Relationships where you “disappear,” indiscriminately putting the needs of others before your own
-Feeling that you cannot find a partner because you are simply "unlucky" or that “love is not in the cards” for you
- Feeling "chronically" single or alone, in spite of your desire or efforts to attract a partner
-Having a “pattern” that shows up in romantic relationships (i.e.., unrequited love scenarios, toxic relationships, relationships where boundaries are not respected, not being able to create or maintain healthy relationships, falling for the “same kind of partner” even though the person and context may be different, falling for narcissistic individuals, etc.)
- Choosing love objects based on “magical thinking”, new-age type of beliefs that result in “love bites”, obsessions, and/or getting involved with abusive partners
-Feeling alone, leading a solitary life, and feeling that you are “destined” to be alone and suffering from low self-esteem, lack of self-worth, low mood, or depression as a result
-Feeling like an “outsider”, like you do not belong anywhere, even when you actively put yourself “out there,” trying to fit in
-Experiencing challenging relationships, where there is a lot of “drama,” “highs and lows”, “push and pull”, rebounds, break-ups, etc.
In the workplace, relationship difficulties may manifest as:
- Suffering from high levels of stress
-Bad relationships with colleagues/management
-Experiencing bullying or mobbing (group bullying)
-Feeling stuck in your career, unable to move forward due to lack of professional nourishment
I can help you by giving you the support and encouragement you need to find clarity, to make decisions, to create a different future. My aim is to support you so that you can feel empowered to make the changes you wish to make in your life.
English and Spanish spoken.
Face to face sessions
**I am currently taking on bookings for face to face sessions in Woodgreen (N22) and in N15 and N1, starting in June. **
Training, qualifications & experience
I am qualified in three helping modalities: counselling, hypnotherapy and life coaching.
- Certificate in Counselling Supervision Skills and Theory
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Advanced Hypno-psychotherapy and Counselling
- Diploma in Integrative Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- PG Cert in Clinical Hypnosis (Dip. in Clinical Hypnotherapy)
- Diploma in Transformational Coaching
Approaches I work with:
- Integrative Counselling: my integration model comprises principles from Person-Centre, Psychodynamic and CBT.
- Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Hypno-analysis and Inner Child work
- Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Coaching
- Health Coaching and Coaching for Wellbeing
- Transactional Analysis
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP)
- Life Coaching for Personal Development (with a holistic approach to Personal Development)
I am a member of:
- The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) - Registered Member (MBACP)
- The Hypnotherapy Society (MHS) - Member
- The British Society of Clinical Hypnosis (BSCH) - Full Member
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
For more information please visit my website where you can read more about my approach to therapy.
You can also find some helpful resources in my blog.
£55.00 per session
Concessions offered for
Counselling/Psychotherapy sessions: £55 (50 min)
Hypnosis/Hypno-psychotherapy: £85 (1h30m session)
- My fee for most employed adults is £55 (50 min session)
- If interested in Hypno-psychotherapy, the fee will usually be £85 (for a 90 min session). This includes talking therapy + a session of hypnosis for the particular issue. If the session requires research and preparation or a regular number of sessions, the fee will be negotiated with you.
- Life coaching in the areas of career, and life purpose, £55 (50 min session). I don't offer concessions for life coaching.
Please visit my website for the full range of services and fees.
When I work
Face to Face: Mondays
Online: Thursdays and Fridays.