Louise Deane MBACP, HCPC, Adv Dip in Counselling
I understand that seeking and asking for help can feel frightening or like a weakness; I however believe it is a brave step and asking for help is a strength; getting this far is the first step. it is you looking after yourself.
I work with adults who are experiencing distressing symptoms from:
- Low self esteem.
- Low self worth.
- Loss in its various forms.
- Lack of purpose in life and things just getting too much to bear.
- Relationship difficulties.
- Domestic abuse.
I also offer consultations to parents who are struggling. Issues I have worked with.
- Blended families.
- Loss of a child to adoption and the care system.
- Parental adoption issues e.g. post adoption depression, loss of not having a birth child.
- Being overwhelmed by the role of parenting.
- Being confused and overwhelmed by a child’s behaviour.
What I can offer you.
- A supportive and safe environment.
- Warmth and compassion.
- Confidentiality and no judgement.
- Support to build trust whilst gently challenging those thoughts that interfere and cause you distress.
- Respect and acceptance.
My counselling approach is Integrative which mean I do not adhere to or use one theoretical model or approach, I like to think of this as having different tools (strategies) in a tool box which I use if needs be; it really means I can be creative and use whatever might be helpful for you. I do not offer advice or make decisions for you, or about your difficulties, but I will help you explore the thoughts and feelings you are having and help you think about choices. Counselling can help clear the wood from the trees, make changes in your life so you can develop and grow as a person. Counselling can be a powerful agent to make changes in your life and gain relief from your distress.
Counselling is not magic, there are no tricks. I like to think of it as engaging in a therapeutic conversation. Laughter is allowed and does happen.
My hope for you is to experience relief from your distressing symptoms.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have experience in the voluntary sector, such as Homestart and Samaritans and have worked with families, children and individuals for over 25 years.
My initial qualification was in social care and I have worked in frontline settings in the social care settings, such as with children in care, post adoption, as well as working in CAMHS, education and in volunteer posts for charities. I have extensive knowledge and understanding of the impact of developmental trauma, separation and loss.
I worked for many years in organisations where expectations and targets are part of everyday life. As a parent, a member of a family and having experience of the work world, I have personally experienced many of the challenges and difficulties that life can throw at us.
Below is an example of some of the areas of interest in which I have received training.
- Domestic Violence levels 1 & 2
- Alcohol Awareness Insight Alcohol Agency.
- Attachment in Schools with Louise Bomber
- Adopted adolescence with Julie Hudson.
- Life Story Work with Polly Baynes.
- Safeguarding training.
I continue to train in areas in which I am interested and believe can help me help my clients.
- BA Hons in Humanities;
- Foundation in Family Therapy.
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling;
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy Levels 1&2.
As a member of the BACP I adhere to and work in accordance with the ethical framework. I am also registered with HCPC.
I have enhanced DBS clearance.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My sessions are for an hour.
Individual work is £45.
Parental support/consultation £55
I can offer reduced fees for trainee counsellors and may some space for concessionary rates, just ask.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available in Chudleigh on Tuesday and Thursdays and in Totnes on Wednesdays.
Types of client