In times of difficulty talking can help.
We can all experience situations and emotions which leave us feeling confused, overwhelmed, and unable to cope. Talking through what’s happening for you with someone supportive can help.
I offer a warm, confidential, safe space for you to talk through your problems whether they are current or rise from past events. I will listen without judging and support you to explore your thoughts and feelings so you gain insight and understanding. Through greater awareness of yourself and your issues you can chose how best to move on.
I am an experienced counsellor based near Milton Keynes and Leighton Buzzard. I am warm, approachable and kind and believe everyone deserves to be valued and not judged. As a nurse and midwife I learnt the value of help from someone skilled and accepting.
My training as an integrative counsellor means I draw on a number of theoretical approaches to best suit your needs. These include Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. While I will work with many issues I have special interests in the areas of grief and loss, health concerns, infertility, sexual abuse and trauma. I offer short and long term work.
My private practice is based in a quiet village outside Milton Keynes within easy reach of Milton Keynes, Leighton Buzzard, Aylesbury and Dunstable. Off street parking is available on site.
Please contact me by phone or email to set up an initial meeting or with any questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 - Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (currently studying)
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Level 4 - Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - CPCAB
- Level 2 - Awareness in Bereavement Care - Cruse/Ascentis
- Level 3 - Certificate in Counselling Studies (QCF) - CPCAB
- Level 2 - Certificate in Counselling Skills (QCF) – CPCAB
- Human Sciences BSc (1st class Hons)
- PODs - Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery
- PODs - Child Sexual Abuse: hope for healing
- Rape Crisis training
- Accredited facilitator for the HOPE course - Macmillan/Coventry University
- Private practice
- Youth Information Service (CYP aged 11- 21 years)
- Macmillan/Milton Keynes University Hospital
- Rape Crisis
- Cruse: Bereavement and Loss
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
It is important to feel comfortable, so I offer a free initial 30 minute session for us to discuss your needs, what you hope to gain to ensure they match what I offer.
Following sessions are £40 and last 50 minutes.
I hold a current, enhanced DBS (formally CRB) certificate and insurance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytimes and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|