In times of difficulty talking can help.
I am an experienced counsellor based near Milton Keynes and Leighton Buzzard. I am warm, approachable and kind, and believe everyone deserves to be valued and not judged. Through my experience as a nurse and midwife I learnt we sometimes need help from someone skilled and accepting.
As a counsellor I offer you the space to explore and to understand how you are feeling and what is happening. We all experience situations and emotions we cannot make sense of at some point in our lives; situations like divorce, separation, ill health, job loss or bereavement and emotions such as depression, anxiety, feeling overwhelmed, stuck or lost. Whatever the reason, talking through what’s happening for you and exploring those difficult feelings in a supportive environment can help. I offer warmth, compassion and acceptance to assist you to figure out how your past experiences are affecting you so you can choose a more comfortable way of being.
My training as an integrative counsellor means I draw on many theoretical approaches to best suit your needs. These include Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. While I will work with many issues I have special interests in the areas of grief and loss, health concerns, infertility, sexual abuse and trauma. I offer short and long term work.
My private practice is based in a quiet village outside Milton Keynes within easy reach of Milton Keynes, Leighton Buzzard, Aylesbury and Dunstable. Off street parking is available on site.
Please contact me by phone or email to set up an initial meeting or with any questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 - Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (currently studying)
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Level 4 - Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - CPCAB
- Level 2 - Awareness in Bereavement Care - Cruse/Ascentis
- Level 3 - Certificate in Counselling Studies (QCF) - CPCAB
- Level 2 - Certificate in Counselling Skills (QCF) – CPCAB
- Human Sciences BSc (1st class Hons)
- PODs - Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery
- PODs - Child Sexual Abuse: hope for healing
- Rape Crisis training
- Accredited facilitator for the HOPE course - Macmillan/Coventry University
- Private practice
- Youth Information Service (CYP aged 11- 21 years)
- Macmillan/Milton Keynes University Hospital
- Rape Crisis
- Cruse: Bereavement and Loss
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
It is important to feel comfortable, so I offer a free initial 30 minute session for us to discuss your needs, what you hope to gain to ensure they match what I offer.
Following sessions are £40 and last 50 minutes.
I hold a current, enhanced DBS (formally CRB) certificate and insurance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytimes and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|