J.J Zheng (MBACP, MA.ClinicPsy)
I offer exclusively online sessions via Skype or VSee* to clients in U.K and Spain. In this case, you don't need to travel and it can be easier to fit in your tight schedule. Researches have shown that online counselling works as effectively as therapy in person. If you need help to set up for online sessions, I'd be more than happy to assist you.
I am passionate working with young adults and the most common topics that I work with includes:
- Anxiety(general anxiety, stress, phobia, panic attack, OCD)
- Low self-esteem & confidence(constant self criticism, self doubt, perfectionism, lack of assertiveness)
- Low mood (with or without depression)
- Massive changes in life(immigration to other country, getting married, move away)
- Bereavement & loss(death of a loved one, losing job, divorce)
- Self development (personal growth, overcoming old habits/ weakness)
- Relationship Issues(repetitive conflicts, breakup, betrayal)
- Sexual orientation/identity
- Career issues/choices
Since qualifying from 2005, I have worked as a counsellor in a variety of settings such as secondary school, mental health rehabilitation center, medical service, EAP(employee assistant program) and University counselling centre. Currently I am working for a charity providing counselling services to young people in London.
My aim is to approach work as collaboratively as possible, whilst ensuring our work is completely individualized. I work to understand the difficulties being presented as clearly as possible, set goals with you as to how you would like their lives to be, then move forward in understanding the problem and beginning to implement changes and strategies to achieve the set outcome. I like to reflect at time with you to ensure you are happy with the direction and progress and I like to make the process of therapy a liberating and interesting experience.
I am an integrative counsellor though I do use CBT and humanistic & existential approach more often as I found most of my clients like these approaches. Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) offers a way to re-structure your thoughts and develop more balanced ways of thinking and behaving in relation to your issues. It has been proved to be efficient therapy for anxiety and depression. Humanistic & existential therapy, on the other hand, emphasizes that ultimately everyone is seeking a fulfilling and meaningful way of living, therefore everyone has the potential to establish and realize their vision and grow. My task here is to help you become more aware of the choices you have and develop a greater sense of ownership with yourself and your life. I also have training in other approaches and am willing to adopt any techniques that may help you progress.
I am a fully Registered Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy). Membership of this professional bodies means that I abide by strict Codes of Ethics and professional practice. You can be assured of the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality. I have a multicultural background and I take equal opportunities seriously and embrace the principles of diversity.
Training, qualifications & experience
- B.S in Applied Psychology
- M.A in Clinical Psychology(American Psychology Association accredited 3-year program)
- Charity sector (U.K) - anxiety, depression, low self esteem, self-harm, relationship
- Secondary school (U.K) - anxiety, depression,bullying, stress, eating disorder
- Mental health rehabilitation center (U.S) - chronic mental illness
- Medical service (Iraq) - expat stress, anxiety, trauma
- EAP(China) - work stress, family issue,relationship issue, trauma, bereavement, crisis intervention
- University counselling centre(China) - career, relationship, anxiety
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
work life balance
Initial consultation £30 (50 minutes)
The initial consultation will be a chance for us to know each other a bit better before making the decision to carry out counselling or not. You can tell me what is troubling you at the moment and your expectation of our work together. It is also an opportunity for you to find out how counselling works and whether my approach is suited for you. We can also discuss the terms and conditions of our contract regarding to fees, frequency, suitable slot, confidentiality, data protection etc.
You do not need to commit any further sessions by coming to the consultation.
Counselling session £40 (50 minutes)
After you decide to carry on having counselling session with me, your slot will be blocked out especially for you. Each session lasts 50 minutes and is usually on a weekly basis. I offer short term and long term counselling depending on your individual needs.
Counselling students £25 (50 minutes)
Available for students who seek personal therapists for their counselling course.
After you book with me, I will try to get back to you as soon as possible for our initial consultation, if you don't hear from me within 24 hours, please check your junk mail box or leave me a text message on mobile so I can respond you immediately.
For more information about how we work together and how counselling works in general, please check my website.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Normally: Mon-Wed:12pm-8pm Thu-Fri: 12pm-4pm Sun:8pm-11pm I aim to be flexible and work till late several evenings. Please contact me for more details.
Types of client