JJ Zheng (MBACP, MA.ClinicPsy)
30 Binney Street
Hi I am JJ, a BACP registered counsellor. Since qualifying in 2005, I have worked in a variety of settings such as secondary school, mental health rehabilitation center, medical service, EAP(employee assistant program) and University counselling centre. Currently I am working my private practice and I also work for a charity that provides counselling services to young people in London.
People often come to me for help with anxiety, intensive moods and many others:
- Chronic anxiety, general anxiety, phobia, panic attack, OCD, procrastination, constant restlessness, unable to relax, easily feel guilty, take too much responsibility from others
- Sensitivity to rejection and criticism, self doubt, perfectionism, lack of assertiveness, impulsive behavior, bully
- Constantly feeling sad, hopeless, powerless, empty, oppressed, isolated
- Relationship Issues-drawn to same type of unhealthy relationship repetitively and/or can not walk away from it
- Bereavement & loss-death of a loved one, losing job, divorce
- Expat Issue- hard to fit in new environment, severe cultural shock, difficulties with relationship/family due to immigration/oversea study
- Self development - personal growth, overcoming old habit, career choices, life decision
- Struggle with sexual orientation/identity
I am an integrative counsellor though I do use CBT and humanistic & existential approach more often as I found most of my clients like these approaches. Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) offers a way to re-structure your thoughts and develop more balanced ways of thinking and behaving in relation to your issues. It has been proved to be efficient therapy for anxiety and depression. Humanistic & existential therapy, on the other hand, emphasizes that ultimately everyone is seeking a fulfilling and meaningful way of living, therefore everyone has the potential to establish and realize their vision and growth.
I'll be there to help you become more aware of the choices you have and develop a greater sense of ownership with yourself and your life, instead of drowning in the loop of your thoughts and being overwhelmed by your emotions.
I am a fully Registered Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy). Membership of this professional bodies means that I abide by strict Codes of Ethics and professional practice. You can be assured of the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality.
I have a multicultural background, Chinese origin but have lived in U.S, U.K, Spain in the past ten years. I take equal opportunities seriously and embrace the principles of diversity. I can offer therapy in both English and Mandarin Chinese(Hopefully one day in Spanish as well)
After you book with me, I will try to get back to you as soon as possible for our initial consultation, if you don't hear from me within 24 hours, please check your junk mail box or leave me a text message on mobile so I can respond you immediately.
currently I am only offering online sessionn to clients in UK and Spain. I have been providing online(audio/video) counselling via Skype and Vsee for years.
With the development of technology, online counselling gains more and more acceptance. Having a session online is different to, but not inferior to face-to-face therapy. Many clients, in fact, came with doubts but ended up with very positive experience.
Researches have shown that online counselling works as effectively as therapy in person, while in practice, it could show more advantages. It provides those who, maybe because of phobia or depression or disability, have difficulty stepping outside their home or find traveling extremely distressing a chance to access support and service.
In other cases, one can be free from squeezing in public transportation or traffic, trying to catch the counselling session at the other side of the city anxiously, which sometimes already drains your energy before you start the session. Meanwhile, a one-hour session can be a lot easier to fit in your tight schedule than a three-hour trip. If you were already struggling with anxiety and restlessness, travelling stress is probably the last thing you want to add on.
Other than these, many people have found that having therapy at the place they choose allow them to feel safer and in control. Especially when they have sessions in the environment that they have their daily struggle, it becomes very natural to connect with their deep feelings and I also get the opportunity to sense their difficulties in a more direct way.
For years, I have been able to develop deep emotional bonds, insights and go on incredibly internal journeys with many people around the world, even when we never met in person.
All you need is a smart phone or a computer with internet and I will guide you through the rest.
Training, qualifications & experience
- B.S in Applied Psychology
- M.A in Clinical Psychology (American Psychology Association accredited 3-year program)
- Charity sector (U.K) - anxiety, depression, low self esteem, self-harm, relationship
- Secondary school (U.K) - anxiety, depression,bullying, stress, eating disorder
- Mental health rehabilitation center (U.S) - chronic mental illness
- Medical service (Iraq) - expat stress, anxiety, trauma
- EAP (China) - work stress, family issue,relationship issue, trauma, bereavement, crisis intervention
- University counselling center (China) - career, relationship, anxiety
The British Psychological Society (BPS)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy(BACP)
APA(American Psychology Association)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Initial consultation £30 (50 minutes)
The initial consultation will be a chance for us to know each other a bit better before making the decision to carry out counselling or not. You can tell me what is troubling you at the moment and your expectation of our work together. It is also an opportunity for you to find out how counselling works and whether my approach is suited for you. We can also discuss the terms and conditions of our contract regarding to fees, frequency, suitable slot, confidentiality, data protection etc.
You do not need to commit any further sessions by coming to the consultation, only when you decide to carry on having counselling with me, your slot will be blocked out especially for you.
Counselling session £40 (50 minutes)
After you decide to carry on having counselling session with me(you can also skip the consultation step and enter counselling directly), your slot will be blocked out especially for you. Each session lasts 50 minutes and is usually on a weekly basis. I offer short term and long term counselling depending on your individual needs.
Counselling students £25 (50 minutes)
Available for students who seek personal therapists for their counselling course.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Normally: Mon-Wed:8am-8pm Thu-Fri: 8am-4pm Sun:8pm-11pm I aim to be flexible and work till late several evenings. Please contact me for more details.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|