Irwin Crowe - BSc(Hons) Psych, Dip. CP
I am a Redditch based, experienced Counsellor with a deep background appreciation of all the traditional and current schools of Psychological thought, my core expertise is rooted in Behavioural Psychology and in particular, the techniques of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and using CBT as my core approach.
In addition to my CBT practise I am also able and qualified to practise other counselling techniques, mainly using CBT as the core skill but pulling in knowledge from other counselling specialities as and when needed for my clients. CBT is not suitable for all people and all presenting problems so my approach is highly flexible.
I also have many years’ experience in the corporate environment managing a large department for a Leading International Healthcare Company so am well versed in dealing with all types of issues and human traumas in a workplace setting.
Training, qualifications & experience
In terms of qualifications and apart from basic education I hold an Honours Degree in Psychology, a Post Graduate qualification in CBT (Anxiety and Depression) and have a practising Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (2years) that covered all other current techniques at a good theoretical and practical level.
I have also worked as case allocator for a major UK Mental Health Charity and have many hours of one to one counselling experience.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
£45- £60 Per hour
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client