Huw Richards ★Inspiring positive change for a great life★
The Regency Practice
42 Clarendon House
21 Somers Road
Welcome, I am a counsellor, psychotherapist and supervisor with over 33 years experience within the broader clinical and academic sector of mental health care. I provide prompt, positive, research-driven, effective approaches to counselling and psychotherapy within the Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire area. For additional information please take the opportunity to visit Focus Health Counselling and Psychotherapy Services website.
For prompt online booking at my Cheltenham offices please follow http://meetme.so/Cheltenham
My 33 years of clinical and educational practice, provide you with the reassurance of receiving the most up to date intervention in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I provide opportunities for developing successful and sustainable positive change to improve your life and relationships. Those Individuals experiencing, depression, anxiety, uncertainty, low self esteem, diminished confidence, low mood, relationship difficulties, family issues, bereavement and other related concerns, are those individuals that could most benefit from my expert input.
A senior academic, researcher and practitioner, I actively contribute through paper and workshop presentation nationally. I am a registered Psychotherapist and Supervisor with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy, Registered Psychodrama Practitioner, Trainer, Supervisor and Training Supervisor with the British Psychodrama Association, Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I have held previous roles of External Advisor for the MSc Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, Birmingham City University. Academic support and guidance for the MSc in Integrative Counselling, MA Dramatherapy, MA Supervision, MA Coaching with the Iron Mill Institute, MSc Integrative Dance Movement Therapy, Birmingham Centre for Arts Therapies, MSc Psychodrama Psychotherapy, Oxford School of Psychodrama and Integrative Psychotherapy together with a range of Foundation Degree programmes in Counselling in Herefordshire, Warwickshire and Exeter.
- Would you like to move positively forward?
- Are you needing to feel 'lighter' and less troubled/worried?
- Do you need to be feeling more confident and in personal control?
- Would you like to be more in the driving seat of your life as opposed to the passenger seat?
Begin by taking that first step, ring 07939 061 822 ,email above or visit Focus Health Counselling and Psychotherapy Services website
My aim is to provide an outstanding service which concentrates on:
- The opportunity for developing positive forward movement
- Prompt appointment responses for individuals, couples, organisations and GP practices
- Fully accredited professional practice
- Respectful and confidential approach
- Cost effective and time efficient support
My Counselling and Psychotherapy practice is friendly, comfortable and is based in outstanding listed Georgian accommodation in central Worcester, within easy access to most City Centre services.
Please note my services are not suitable for emergency or mental health crisis need.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a continuing commitment to best practice which is reflected through my ongoing professional development. I hold membership and accreditation to a number of Professional Registers.
Advanced training has included involvement with the Human Potential Research Project at the University of Surrey, external advisor to the MSc Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of Central England and additional training throughthe University of Wolverhampton and the Oxford School of Psychodrama and Integrative Psychotherapy.
I continue to contribute to a range of professional arenas and have been instigative in providing academic input to a range of Post Graduate training within Dramatherapy, Dance Movement, Integrative Counselling, Psychodrama, Coaching and Supervision at Masters level.
- Registered Mental Health Nurse PIN: 82H1621E
- Diploma in Professional Studies. University of Wolverhampton
- BSc Hons Educational Studies. University of Wolverhampton
- Registered Lecturer/Practitioner. Nursing and Midwifery Council. PIN 82H1621E
- Registered Nurse Tutor. Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Post Graduate Diploma Counselling and Psychotherapy. University of Central England
- MSc Counselling and Psychotherapy. University of Central England
- Certificate in Dramatherapy. University of Worcester
- Diploma in Psychodrama Psychotherapy. Oxford School of Psychodrama
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy PIN: 05157795
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I provide particular expertise in the areas of brief and time limited therapy. This includes Solution Focussed approaches with application to individuals experiencing depressive, anxiety and self esteem related issues.
Psychodrama Psychotherapy group
I also provide the opportunity to engage in time limited Psychodrama Psychotherapy groups within the Worcestershire and Herefordshire area. Due to commence in July 2016 within central Worcester. To obtain further details please contact Huw Richards on 07939 061 822 or email.
Photos & videos
If you have any queries in relation to securing an appointment with me, do not hesitate to contact me to discuss your requirements on 07939 061 822 or via email.
Individual fees £95
I provide counselling and psychotherapy services of the highest professional standard which is acknowledged through accreditation with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy.The UKCP promotes the highest standards of practice within Counselling and Psychotherapy in the UK.
My approach is based on extensive clinical experience and on evidence based research which enables him to provide a service which is committed to current best practice guidelines.
I am motivated by a genuine desire to improve the quality of life of our clients.
- Member of the Professional Register of the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Registration number 82H1621E.
- Member of the Professional Register of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy. Registration number 05157795.
- Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Member of the British Psychodrama Association.
A former executive member of the British Psychodrama Association and former co-editor of the British Journal for Psychodrama and Sociodrama. I am also an editorial panel member of the Journal of Mental Heath Education and Practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Prompt appointments can be secured during the evening and at weekends within the Worcester City Centre practice and on Tuesday mornings in Cheltenham.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
A registered practitioner with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy, Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, Psychodrama Psychotherapist, Supervisor, training Supervisor and registered Psychodrama Trainer with the British Psychodrama Association.View supervision profile