Helen Bougas CBT Psychotherapist
My approach to therapy is based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) principles and theories. I work in a person centered way which is tailored to the needs of the individual. My focus is to build a therapeutic relationship based on acceptance, unconditional respect and positive change.
Every day living can be overwhelming at times. Being in a distressing situation as such, can allow you to start accepting who you truly are and to reach out to the life you want.
We will work together to make sense of these experiences and how you can use them in order to make the changes you want. The desired outcome is to be more kind to yourself and utilize the skills to become your own therapist.
I am currently working in a NHS specialist psychotherapy service that offers treatment to people with chronic and complex presentations. Over the last seven years, I have worked with individuals with common difficulties around depression and anxiety. I have worked in a variety of different psychological services in the National Health Service and well- known charity organisations.
I work hard in delivering evidence- based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I treat adults with a wide range of mood and anxiety disorders and every day psychological issues, including:
- Mild, moderate, severe and recurring depression
- Anxiety (Panic, Generalised Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Health Anxiety, specific phobias)
- Self- esteem
- Chronic pain
I am a warm-natured person and I have passion for the work I do. I am genuinely interested in listening to you and working together towards reaching your goals.
I offer therapy in English and Greek.
Please contact me for my current availability.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited member of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies (BABCP)
- Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- PGDip in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapies - obtained in 2017
- PGCert in in Mental Health Practice (Nursing) - obtained in 2015
- MSc in Clinical Psychology and Health Services - obtained in 2013
- BA in Psychology and Social and Political Sciences - obtained in 2012
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
Initial assessment £95 (90 minutes)
Subsequent sessions £80 (50 minutes)
Low income rates considered
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client