George Myburgh Registered MBACP
Hi, my name is George and thank you for visiting my page.
Taking the first step into having counselling can be difficult and so I offer a free 20-minute telephone consultation to chat about what you need. If easier for you, we can communicate via email. If we agree that we may be a suitable fit, we will arrange a face-to-face appointment at a convenient time to meet. We will have a discussion about the best way to move forward including whether you'd like to undertake short- or long-term counselling. Unfortunately I only have Friday and limited Saturday time slots available at the moment.
How Counselling Works
So what’s in it for you? For starters you will have someone to talk to. You will also have someone help you regain some direction and control which will lead to positive personal growth. You will get the support you may need to help you let go of fears and anxieties which are getting you down. Counselling offers a safe and confidential space in which you can talk about things that are on your mind. I do not give advice or provide answers but I do help you find new perspectives on how to manage your life. We might look at practical strategies to help you cope with issues such as Excessive Worry, Anxiety and Stress or to gain an understanding of Depression.
Every person is different and therefore requires a unique approach to resolving concerns. Counselling can help you find your footing and build you Self-Esteem to aid you in making better choices now and in the future. My job is not to offer advice but rather to help you realise your own power in finding the answers you need.
I offer individual counselling to adults and am experienced in working with the issues named above but also:
- Generalised Depression
- Excessive worry
- Shame and Guilt
- Health Anxiety
- Social Anxiety
- Panic Attacks
- Gender Identity / Dysphoria
- Relationship issues
- Redundancy / Retirement
- Acute Male Depression
- Bereavement and Loss
- Thoughts of Suicide / Self-Harm
- Sexuality / Coming Out
I work from a comfortable and private space in Milton Keynes. If you want to know more about my counselling style, please read on:
I am an Integrative counsellor which means that I am trained in different approaches to the work. I use aspects of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy which maintains a gentle curiosity about your processes and how your body responds to them, Psychodynamic theory which explores the impact your childhood experiences has on your adult life, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help you identify negative thought patterns and how they influence your behaviour and also aspects of Transactional Analysis to help you understand relationships with yourself and others differently. Sessions are led by you and we work at your speed so you are in control at all times. We strive to promote collaboration at every turn.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Degree in Integrative Counselling
- BA (Hons) in Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Certificate in Mindfulness and Contented Living
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Level I
- Post-graduate Diploma in CBT (near completion)
- OCD: Assessment and Treatment - Dr Fiona Challacombe, 2020
- Working with Substance Misuse - Dr Tamara Morrison, 2019
- Adverse Childhood Experiences Training - Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Board, 2019
- PREVENT (Radicalisation detection and prevention) - HPFT, 2019
- PTSD: Diagnosis and Treatment - Yvonne Fewtrell, 2019
- Working with Gender Dysphoric Children, Adolescents and their Parents - Dr Vic Holt, 2017
- EMDR: The Elevator Pitch Essentials - Mark Brayne, 2017
- Narcissism in Clients,Psychotherapists and Society - Dr Phil Mollon, 2016
- Managing the Erotic Transference - Dawn Devereux, 2016
- The Healing Power of Therapeutic Repair – Dr Janina Fisher, 2016
- Transgender Awareness Training – Ipswich LGBT Network, 2015
- The Place of Sexuality in the approaches of Klein and Bion – University of Essex CPS, 2015
- Mental Health Awareness – Open Road, 2015
- First Aid (including Ambulance Patient Transfers) Certificate - EDMS
- Working therapeutically with Personality Disorders – Anna Vizor, 2014
- Substance Abuse and Legal Highs – Open Road, 2014
- LGBT Helpline Training – Outhouse East, 2014
- Knowing and not knowing in the consulting room – Patrick Casement, 2013
- Safeguarding Adults – British Red Cross, 2012
- Safeguarding Children & Young Adults – British Red Cross, 2012 and UCS, 2015
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Family issues, affairs and betrayals, separation and divorce, low self-esteem, low self-confidence, gender dysphoria, mental health, South Africa, transitions, counselling
Counselling sessions are offered on long or short term basis which will be discussed prior to the beginning of the work.
A free 20 minute confidential telephone consultation or we can have a conversation via email prior to us meeting for the first time which will give you the opportunity to ask me questions about the therapy, my fees or any concerns you may have about the counselling process.
My fee is £50 per hour for individuals.
Session availability is limited to Fridays and Saturdays at the moment.
My office hours are as follows:
Monday - Friday: 9am till 8pm
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Fridays and Saturdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|