Francesca Rinaldi MBACP (Reg) CBT and Integrative Counsellor .
Welcome... I'm a qualified integrative counsellor trained to work in different ways including CBT.
I'm trained in different ways of working, which means that I can respond flexibly and sensitively to your situation, offering different psychological tools and strategies. This is especially useful for longer term work or issues that involve greater talking through and understanding. We are all as uniquely different as are our situations, and so a flexible response offers more choice and options.
Where I work.
I currently work online, over the phone, offer WALK + TALK therapy and some limited face to face appointments in Bradford on Avon.
WALK +TALK appointments are held in Trowbridge and Bradford on Avon ( central locations with easy parking). We would meet at agree central but confidential location and discuss issues whilst walking. Towards the end of the appointment, we would return to the starting point, with a few minutes before the end, to make a summary of what you'd like to remember from the session.
How I work
I work in a combined way using strengths from different psychological trainings including person centred, CBT, REBT, Transactional Analysis and psychodynamic approaches. I integrate Positive Psychology with my work, where appropriate, as as this supports movement beyond problems and surviving to a place of flourishing and happiness.
I have additional post degree training in Positive Psychology at Masters Level, which I am passionate about and informs my work. Positive Psychology is the study of people at their best ie: optimum functioning and flourishing. It's the study of what brings out the best in people : ie "what makes us want to get out of bed in the morning" ( Martin Seligman) .
I offer a professional, flexible approach, according to your needs and situation: short term ( 6 -12 weeks), or longer term therapy. My therapy is suited to people from all walks of life.
I offer a free telephone session to talk through what you're looking for. It's a chance for you to get to know me a little and explore what you need. Call or text to arrange a convenient time ( 07866 077217) .
What I offer?
Safe space to explore ways to make positive changes in your life.
- Each session tailored to your needs.
- Sensitive perspective so you can talk through thoughts and feelings without fear of judgement.
- Help identify and develop new perspectives, strategies, life tools.
- Able to draw on different approaches - one size does not fit all.
Daytime and Evening appointments available.
Who I work with?
I work with people who might not normally consider counselling but are experiencing difficulties such as:
- Low mood- wanting to feel better.
- Anxiety- Stress, Panic attacks, over worrying, worrying about specific issues, health anxiety, tendency to catastrophise, social anxiety, procrastination.
- Problems with difficult people be they in the inner circle of your life ( spouse, partner, child, friend or parent) or outer circle ( colleagues, work mates, friends).
- Addictions- alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex addiction. I am well versed in recovery programmes and with 12 steps also. I can provide emotional and practical support both as a first step or a as a support to existing agency provision.
- Problems from the past. Sometimes things from the past haunt us, or are always there in the background.
- Therapy can help come to terms with difficult experiences. It can help achieve greater understanding, perspective, support, integration all contributing to coming to terms with and moving on. Our past shapes us but it doesn't have to define us.
- Inner child work. Whilst we may be adults on the outside, some of us feel we may have parts of us that have not quite grown up and that this is unhelpful. This work helps to recognise and affirm these aspects of ourselves as well as to repair and integrate them, giving us more confidence in our ability to manage difficult or confusing feelings in a confidence but self respecting way.
Sometimes, we need is to speak to someone who understands our difficulties and can help navigate through a life-stage. Sometimes it's working with longer term problems that have plagued us over longer periods of time.
- Aspergers Syndrome
Whether you are trying to cope with emotional distress, such as anxiety or depression, relationship problems, stress or otherwise, please give me a call to find out more.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Mental Health First Aid Trainer MHFA 2019
- Treating complex trauma with Internal Family Systems 2019.
- IFS and Personal Stories 2018.
- CBT/REBT December Diploma 2016 - College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapists.
- CBT Anxiety Management 2015
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency 2013
- Registered Member of BACP
- Post Graduate Certificate in Applied Positive Psychology ( University of East London) 2012
- Motivational Interviewing 2010
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling ( CBT, Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis) 2009
- Psychology of Vision - Steps to Leadership 2007
- Certificate in Counselling Theory 2000
- Certificate in Counselling Skills 2000
- BA Hons Degree 1980
- Work in Addictions Recovery- alcohol, drugs, sex addictions.
- Mindfulness Meditation.
- Mental Health Recovery.
- Stress Management.
- Natural Therapies.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Call for a no obligation call to talk things through and see if I can help.