Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Hello, I'm Francesca and I'm professionally trained in a variety of therapeutic approaches including TEAM CBT, Person- Centred, Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis and IFS. I work with Anxiety/Depression/ADHD/ASD/Family issues/ Communication issues and work related concerns. I will respond to your unique needs with sensitivity and flexibility.
How long will it take?
I work short term ( 6 weeks), medium term ( 12-20 weeks), and longer term. We would decide together at the beginning, how many sessions might be best, and review this together ongoingly.
How I work?
Through our work together, you will gain psychological and emotional skills to conquer challenging thoughts, feelings and moods. Sometimes a more intuitive approach is needed, and we'll decide together the path that suits you best, considering your needs. Your journey is unique, and I am here to support you.
Our work together will help you gain control over your life, and make meaningful progress towards achieving your goals.
My aim is to share knowledge and tools to help you navigate though present difficulties so that, in time, you no longer need therapy. I'm here to help you towards a brighter future.
Who do I work with?
- Anxiety- I can help you gain understanding and skills to overcome Anxiety, Panic attacks, over worrying, overthinking, dread, thinking the worst, catastrophising, procrastination and social anxiety.
- Feeling sad/Low mood/Depression.
- Family/ Relationship Problems -using powerful communication tools that are profound and healing and can help shift the most stubborn of problems. Using these tools, can empower you to be more real, compassionate and clear and make a big difference to both how you feel in the relationship, (eg: partner/ boss/ friend) and transform the quality of the relationship.
- Habits and Addictions. I work can help with Procrastination, difficulty focusing, being disorganised etc. I also work with Alcohol related issues and have significant experience in this area.
- Inner child work. Whilst we may be adults on the outside, we can sometimes feel there are parts of ourselves that haven't grown up. These internal parts can sometimes trip us up in life. This work helps to recognise and affirm these aspects of ourselves, as well as to repair and integrate them, giving us more confidence in our ability to manage difficult or confusing feelings in a confident but self respecting way.
- ASD- either yourself or someone close to you.
- Problems from the past. Sometimes things from the past haunt us, or are alway in the background, getting in the way of our lives now.
Purpose of therapy.
Therapy is about change: we cannot change anyone or anything else - only ourselves. Sometimes we need to change our outer world, but this can only happen if we can change ourselves first - therapy helps us do this, learning new skills and then using them in our lives.
It can help us come to terms with difficult experiences, help achieve greater understanding, perspective, and integration all contributing to coming to terms with issues and moving forwards. Our past shapes us but it doesn't have to define us.
Whether you are trying to cope with anxiety, emotional distress, depression, relationship problems, family issues, stress or otherwise, please give me a call on 07866 077 217 or send an email to find out more and to see if I can be of help.
If I don't think I can be of help, I will be honest and say so, and endeavour to signpost to other possibilities.
What can I offer?
A Safe space to explore ways to make positive changes in your life.
- Each session is tailored to your needs.
- Sensitive perspective so you can talk through thoughts and feelings without fear of judgement.
- Help identify and develop new perspectives, strategies, life tools.
- Able to draw on different approaches - one size does not fit all.
How do I work?
I work in a combined way using strengths from different psychological trainings including person centred, CBT, REBT, Transactional Analysis and psychodynamic approaches. I integrate Positive Psychology with my work, where appropriate, as as this supports movement beyond problems and surviving to a place of flourishing and happiness.
I have additional post degree training in Positive Psychology at Masters Level, which I am passionate about and informs my work. Positive Psychology is the study of people at their best ie: optimum functioning and flourishing. It's the study of what brings out the best in people: ie "what makes us want to get out of bed in the morning" (Martin Seligman) .
I offer a professional, flexible approach, according to your needs and situation: short term (6 -12 weeks), or longer term therapy. My therapy is suited to people from all walks of life.
Where do I work?
I work online, over the phone and face to face in Bradford on Avon and Trowbridge including 'Walk and Talk' appointments in the great outdoors.
When are the sessions?
I'm available for appointments - Mondays, Tuesdays ,Weds and Thursdays.
Give me a call or send me an email to arrange a short time to talk in the first instance. It's a chance for you to get to know me a little and explore what you're looking for, and to see if I can be of help.
With best wishes- Francesca 07866 077217.
Training, qualifications & experience
- TEAM CBT intensive Aug 2023
- TEAM CBT Levels 1 and 2 2022
- Mental Health First Aid Trainer MHFA 2019
- Treating complex trauma with Internal Family Systems 2019.
- IFS and Personal Stories 2018.
- CBT/REBT December Diploma 2016 - College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapists.
- CBT Anxiety Management 2015
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency 2013
- Registered Member of BACP
- Post Graduate Certificate in Applied Positive Psychology ( University of East London) 2012
- Motivational Interviewing 2010
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling ( CBT, Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis) 2009
- Psychology of Vision - Steps to Leadership 2007
- Certificate in Counselling Theory 2000
- Certificate in Counselling Skills 2000
- BA Hons Degree 1980
- Coaching for Heart Attack Recovery.
- NHS staff counsellor.
- Addictions Recovery- alcohol, drugs, sex addictions.
- Teacher Mindfulness Meditation.
- Mental Health Rehabilitation - residential Social Work.
- Stress Management.
- Coaching for work.
- Natural Health practitioner.
- Media experienced in film production.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£55.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
When I work
I also offer appointments in the day, afternoon and evenings. I have early slots reserved at at 7.45 am and 8am appointments especially for those who work during the day.
Call for a no obligation call to talk things through and see if I can help.