MBACP (Reg) CBT, Positive Psychology, Integrative Counsellor
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hello- I'm Francesca a qualified and experienced integrative counsellor. I can help deal with issues from the past, make better choices in the now, and support moves forwards in your life. Working together, you can achieve, greater understanding and peace, gain control over managing feelings and issues eg: anxiety, stress, panic attacks, social anxiety, feeling sad, low mood and depression, low self esteem, addictions, relationship and family issues and Aspergers Syndrome.
I am trained to work in different ways and can respond flexibly and sensitively to your situation. I offer different psychological tools and strategies: CBT; Person Centred: Psychodynamic: Transactional Analysis approaches. These are useful for shorter and longer term work or issues that involve greater working through. We are all as uniquely different as are our situations, and so a flexible response offers more choice and options.
Who do I work with?
- Anxiety- I can help you gain understanding and skills to overcome Anxiety, Panic attacks, over worrying, overthinking, dread, catastrophising, procrastination, social anxiety.
- Feeling sad/Low mood/Depression.
- Relationship Problems with people we find difficult either in the inner circle of your life (spouse, partner, child, friend or parent) or outer circle (colleagues, managers, work mates, friends).
- Addictions- alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex addiction. I am well versed in recovery programmes and with 12 steps. I can provide emotional and practical support both as a first step, ongoing or as support to existing agency provision.
- Inner child work. Whilst we may be adults on the outside, we can sometimes feel there are parts of ourselves that haven't grown up. These internal parts can sometimes trip us up in life. This work helps to recognise and affirm these aspects of ourselves, as well as to repair and integrate them, giving us more confidence in our ability to manage difficult or confusing feelings in a confident but self respecting way.
- Asperger's Syndrome either yourself or someone close to you.
- Problems from the past. Sometimes things from the past haunt us, or are alway in the background, getting in the way of our lives now.
Therapy can help us come to terms with difficult experiences. It can help achieve greater understanding, perspective, and integration all contributing to coming to terms with and moving on. Our past shapes us but it doesn't have to define us.
Whether you are trying to cope with emotional distress, anxiety, depression, relationship problems, stress or otherwise, please give me a call on 07866 077 217 or send an email to find out more and to see if I can be of help. If I don't think I can be of help, I will try and signpost to other possibilities.
What can I offer?
A Safe space to explore ways to make positive changes in your life.
- Each session is tailored to your needs.
- Sensitive perspective so you can talk through thoughts and feelings without fear of judgement.
- Help identify and develop new perspectives, strategies, life tools.
- Able to draw on different approaches - one size does not fit all.
How do I work?
I work in a combined way using strengths from different psychological trainings including person centred, CBT, REBT, Transactional Analysis and psychodynamic approaches. I integrate Positive Psychology with my work, where appropriate, as as this supports movement beyond problems and surviving to a place of flourishing and happiness.
I have additional post degree training in Positive Psychology at Masters Level, which I am passionate about and informs my work. Positive Psychology is the study of people at their best ie: optimum functioning and flourishing. It's the study of what brings out the best in people: ie "what makes us want to get out of bed in the morning" (Martin Seligman) .
I offer a professional, flexible approach, according to your needs and situation: short term (6 -12 weeks), or longer term therapy. My therapy is suited to people from all walks of life.
Where do I work?
I work online, over the phone, and even some face to face in Bradford on Avon, Trowbridge including 'Walk and Talk' appointments in the great outdoors.
When are the sessions?
I'm available for appointments - Mondays, Tuesdays and Weds afternoon/evening.
Give me a call or send me an email to arrange a short time to talk in the first instance. It's a chance for you to get to know me a little and explore what' you're looking for, and to see if I can be of help. With best wishes- Francesca 07866 077217.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Mental Health First Aid Trainer MHFA 2019
- Treating complex trauma with Internal Family Systems 2019.
- IFS and Personal Stories 2018.
- CBT/REBT December Diploma 2016 - College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapists.
- CBT Anxiety Management 2015
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency 2013
- Registered Member of BACP
- Post Graduate Certificate in Applied Positive Psychology ( University of East London) 2012
- Motivational Interviewing 2010
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling ( CBT, Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis) 2009
- Psychology of Vision - Steps to Leadership 2007
- Certificate in Counselling Theory 2000
- Certificate in Counselling Skills 2000
- BA Hons Degree 1980
- Work in Addictions Recovery- alcohol, drugs, sex addictions.
- Mindfulness Meditation.
- Mental Health Recovery.
- Stress Management.
- Natural Therapies.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£55.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
When I work
Call for a no obligation call to talk things through and see if I can help.