Donna Smollet. MBACP.
As someone who has always cared deeply about the personal struggles of individuals in distress , I'm humbled by the hidden strengths and resilience of those dealing with distress/crisis. My respect for those qualities is what drives me to use proven counselling methods in a way that supports my clients own steps towards what they define as personal empowerment and a better life. My role is to help you understand yourself better and find other ways to cope or resolve problems. My professional and personal qualities are sincere, keen, attentive, diligent, calm and adaptable.
Other relevant experience as an advocate working for children and young people representing their views, wishes and feelings, helping them navigate children services, worked in education as an experienced welfare and well-being officer, family support worker within the community, youth engagement programme worker and child playgroup worker.
I am fully qualified and insured counsellor and have experience in working alongside charities which include New Pathways (Sexual assault), Eye to Eye (school counselling) and 2 Wish Upon a Star (Bereavement Counselling) and I attend regular supervision. I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), Registration No.834510 and fully Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked.
How do I get started?
Please call me on 07828 326 926 with any question you may have or leave a message with your contact details (including phone number), and I'll get back to you or you can email me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5, Foundation Degree in Person Centred Counselling.(South Wales University).
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy. (Dr. A. Biba Rebolj, New Pathways).
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (Cardiff University).
- Level 7, Postgraduate Diploma in Children and Young People. (South Wales University).
- Safeguarding children, young people and adults. (Social Services).
- Domestic Abuse, risk management and the effects on children. (Women Aid).
- Adverse childhood experience. (Children In Wales).
- Working with Neglect. (Social Services).
- Children and young people bereavement. (Children Bereavement UK).
- Conflict management. (Celtic Training Limited).
- Advocating on behalf of children and young people.(NYAS).
- Substance Misuse. (TEDS).
- Working with adults who have been affected by sexual abuse.(New Pathways).
- Introduction to forced marriage and honour bases violence.(Social Care, RCT).
- Mental Health First Aid. (Mind).
- Young people and homelessness. (Shelter).
- Reduction of suicide and self harm in children and young people. (Local
- SafeGuarding Board).
- Direct work with children involved in sexual exploitation. (Social Care, RCT).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Children and Young People (7 years old +) is £45 per session.
Adults is £40 per session.
Concessions available to low income individuals.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day and evening sessions, school and home visits available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|