Dr. Deepak Sankhla CPsychol, DClinPsy, MSc, BSc (Hons)
I am a qualified, registered and chartered Clinical Psychologist. I have over nine years experience within NHS mental health and research services. My doctorate level training has acquired me with a broad range of skills in delivering a range of psychotherapies. These include Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT), Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) and Psychodynamic Therapy. I offer psychotherapy based on either one or a combination of these models, dependent on your goals and presenting difficulties. Therefore my approach is what is often referred to as "Integrative."
I aim to provide a safe environment where you can take the time you need to explore your difficulties whilst at the same time making use of evidence based psychological treatment within the therapy. I also specialise in neuropsychological assessments for query dementia and psychotherapy for older adults.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bsc (Hons) Psychology and Biology
- MSc Psychological Research Methods
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Low Intensity Psychological Therapy
- Doctorate In Clinical Psychology
- HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Neuropsychological Assessment for Query Dementia
- Psychotherapy for older adults
- South Asian Cultural Issues
Self referrals: Individual therapy
Session (50 minutes) fees are £70 per session.
Insurance/agency/other referrals: Individual Therapy
- £100 per session (50-60 minute appointment including admin time)
Neuropsychological/ Psychometric Assessment
- Please contact me to discuss fees as these can vary dependent on length of the assessment, number of sessions, travel time, report required etc.