Anne Twyford Dip Couns Registered MBACP (Accred)
I qualified as a Counsellor in 2008 and have experience of working with adults who are having difficulty with stress, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, anger, alcohol and drug abuse, childhood emotional, sexual and physical abuse, relationship problems, loss, health concerns, eating concerns, domestic violence, self-harm, change.
I also have experience of working with adults who have come to counselling for Personal Development, to discover more about who they are and why they have become the person they are, as well as adults who just want the chance to talk things through with someone impartial in order to gain a different perspective to their life.
For more information about how I would work with specific concerns please see my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Certificate - Transactional Analysis Counselling & Psychotherapy - 2017
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis (TA101) - 2016
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling - 2008
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling - 2006
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling - 2005
- Introduction to Counselling Skills and Theory - 2005
WORKSHOPS / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice
- Disordered Eating
- Working Therapeutically with Men who have experienced Sexual Violation
- The Trauma Counsellor's Toolbox
- Working with Trauma
- Working with the Hidden Face of Shame
- Working with Obesity
- A Single Session Integrated Approach
- Working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Working with children of separated parents
- Drug awareness
- Building confidence
- Group work
- Death & Bereavement
- Cognitive Behaviour Coping Skills Therapy
- Alcohol Awareness
I am an Accredited Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and, as such, I am bound by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice and subject to the Professional Conduct Procedure for the time being in force.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer Short Term (Brief) Therapy and Long Term (Open Ended) Therapy for individuals aged 18 and over.
My fee for an Assessment Session is £50.00.
My fee for Short Term Therapy and Long Term Therapy is £50.00 per session.
Please contact me or see my website (www.annetwyfordcounselling.uk) for information or to book an Assessment Session.
If you would like the opportunity to have an Informal Discussion about counselling and the way it works I am able to offer a free 30 minute consultation. Please note that this would be an opportunity to find out more about the way I work and would NOT be a counselling session.
I have a limited amount of reduced rate sessions available. These are for Student Counsellors or individuals on a low income.
If you have any questions or would like any further information please contact me by phone, text or e-mail.
Please note that I am unable to answer the telephone when I'm with a Client so please leave me a message or send me a text message or e-mail stating your name, telephone number and a brief message and I will call you back as soon as possible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My normal appointment times are Tuesday 10am - 4pm, Wednesdays 10am - 5.30pm and Fridays 10.30am - 6pm. Please enquire for specific times.
Types of client