Alison Rimell, MBACP, PG Diploma in Counselling
I am an Accredited Counsellor registered with the BACP and can offer long and short-term individual counselling to adults aged 17 and above.
What type of counselling do I offer?
My underlying approach is Person Centred. However, I am continuously updating my learning both from trainings and my experience with my clients. Therefore, I will work flexibly in an integrated way to suit your needs. I adhere to the BACP Code of Ethics.
What happens in a Counselling Session?
- We meet in my counselling room which is in my home.(See the bottom of the page for travel info)
- I create a safe, confidential environment where we can work practically and creatively with what is worrying you.
- I am down to earth and offer a non-judgmental, empathic relationship where you can build trust and be with yourself and me just as you are.
- Primarily this is done through talking and we can also use the body, voice, drawing or representational objects to support your exploration of yourself.
How can counselling help you?
- Each person is individual and your experience of counselling will be unique to you.
However here are some general outcomes that most clients experience:
- Getting to know yourself in a new way - perhaps by gaining some acceptance of things that have been difficult
- Becoming more self aware
- Feeling a greater sense of control
- Feeling both more positive and more able to cope with the less positive times
- Being able to make decisions that support you
How to get started
- Phone or email me to arrange either of the following 2 options.
- Option 1. An initial 30 minute free consultation - where you can briefly talk about what has made you look for counselling/support and ask me questions to see if I am the counsellor for you.
- Option 2. A full 1 hour therapy session @ full cost where we have more time to work with what you are bringing.
- Arrangements for ongoing sessions will be made at this point.
A bit about me
Before retraining as a counsellor and moving to Glasgow, I lived on the Isle of Mull for 25 years. Whilst there, I became immersed in the community. I taught music in schools, ran my own bed and breakfast and self catering business, brought up my daughter, and laterly became a business manager of a social enterprise. I was born and brought up in England and at 19 studied performance at a London Music College and then went on to gain a Postgraduate Certificate in Education. I love living in Scotland and I am very happy my with recent move to Glasgow where I am enjoying reengaging with city life.
Training, qualifications & experience
Postgraduate Diploma in Person Centred Counselling, Strathclyde University.
GPTI Diploma Course in Gestalt Psychotherapy, Edinburgh Gestalt Institute Yr 1
Cosca Counselling Supervision Certificate
Level 1 and Level 2 TRE (Trauma Release and Tensioning Exercises).
(This is an autonomous body practice that is very supportive for getting in touch with what the body is holding.)
Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory, University of Highlands and Islands.
Various short trainings including psychodrama, attachment theory, play therapy, perinatal psychosis, family constellations, Solution Focused Short Term Therapy.
Experience of large and small group work.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
£40 per hour.
There is also an option of a free initial 30 minute consultation
I work from home in the West End of Glasgow in the Woodlands area
- Subway Kelvinbridge and then a short 2 minute walk to my home.
- Bus Great Western Road and Woodlands.
- Car On street metred parking is available at £1.20 per hour
- Rail Charing Cross and then a 15 minute walk down Woodlands Road.
Regrettably, I am unable to offer wheelchair access as the counselling room is on the first floor and there is no lift.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and Evenings
Types of client