Steve Earlam. MSc. Dip HE. MNCS (Accd). MFDAP
01302 868886 / 07894 914619
I am a Drug and Alcohol Recovery Specialist and a Behaviour Change Practitioner. I provide support for the management of anxiety, depression and PTSD conditions.
My role is to work with you in adjusting your behaviour, your relationships and yourself. Your role is to learn, process, apply and practice. Together theoretical and practical solutions can be explored.
Contact 07894914619 for appointments. SKYPE appointments available.
- Choosing which approach and which therapist or counsellor to engage with can be confusing and tricky at times there are so many alternatives available today.
- I work with people who are stuck in problematic behaviour.
- I help people to believe that change is possible, and to understand that they have the ability to change and together we create an opportunity to fulfil aspirations.
- My sessions are quite dynamic we try to move things on, with couples I utilise the well proven and researched approach of Behavioural Couples Therapy BCT, this approach is recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence NICE, the body in the UK that sets the standards for healthcare provision.
- The researched outcomes for BCT are well documented and show that the approach of reciprocated support is beneficial.
- It's proven, it works and it's simple. Come and talk to me if you wish, or give me a call.
I provide a safe therapeutic environment for individuals and couples in conflict who wish to work in order to encourage positive resolutions to their conflicts.
I encourage clients to examine and develop new understandings of acceptable behaviour by dealing with defensiveness, conflict, controlling behaviour, cognitive dissonance and by improving listening and communication skills. I engage with clients in a process of personal change that enables a cognitive restructuring of personal theories and assumptions.
I enable clients to identify what they think and feel is the right option for them. I practice a multi-modal approach to working with clients which means that treatment can consist of techniques from different theoretical perspectives. Clients have the opportunity of working on various aspects of their behaviour within the confines of one therapeutic centre.
I help clients to focus on the future without anger and conflict because they say that’s what they want.
I offer an assessment service for clients and will provide therapy reports to employers and courts when requested. (There is normally a charge for the preparation of reports).
I accept referrals from local authorities and criminal justice organisations and I can provide a therapeutic intervention tailored for couples who are engaged in a process of family reconstruction.
Training, qualifications & experience
Master of Science, MSc Psychotherapy Studies (University of Sheffield)
Diploma in Higher Education, Dip HE in Applied Health Promotion (Sheffield Hallam University)
Diploma in Higher Education. DipHE in Addiction Studies, (Leeds University)
Behavioural Activation BA for Depression (York University)
Advanced Drugs Awareness level 3 (OCN)
Behavioural Couples Therapy (Accd) (Association of Psychological Therapies)
CBT for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (Association of Psychological Therapies)
Certificate in Conflict Management.
Certified Anger Management Trainer (PSDP)
Certifcate Anger Management and Substance Misuse
CSCT Certificate in Counselling.p
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Drug and Alcohol Recovery
Conflict resolution and personal behaviour change.
Worldwide SKYPE consultations available.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
£35.00 individual sessions.
£25.00 for young persons.
£45.00 per couple.
Concessions available, contact for further details.
Appointments available from 1700- 1930 weekdays.
All day Friday.
Weekend appointments available.
Free parking on site.
In house training, by negotiation.
Contact SYAM for further details.
- Conflict and Anger in Relationships
- Beyond Anger Management
- Conflict and relationships
- Why is power so important in resolving conflict?
- How is shame linked to conflict?
- Is conflict inherent in human nature? Will we always be at war with ourselves in some way?
- Are we becoming more aggressive as a species? Or less? Or just the same as always?
- What situations cause you to get into a "pre-conflict" mode?
- Cultural Competence
- Are You Dependent on The Use of Anger?
- Anger and Fear
- How does communication affect the quality of close relationships?
- Do man benefit more from marriage than women?
- Buddism Illusion Psychotherapy and Reality Testing
- Why did Freud see human nature as being motivated solely by instincts for pleasure?
- The Differences or Similarities Between Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Why should depression and pain be the enemy of happiness?
Drug and Alcohol Recovery
Anger Management counselling and training
Behavioural Couples Therapy
Solution Focussed Therapy
Anxiety and Stress Management
Effective Decision Making Skills
Improving Emotional and Mental Wellbeing
Business referrals for individual employees
Business/event group facilitation for any of above issues
Current enhanced CRB certification
Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society MNCS(Acc)
Member of the Institute of Neighbourhood Justice Professionals MINJP
CCC Registered counsellor
Member of the Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals FDAP
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
17:00 - 19:30 weekdays. All day Friday. Weekend sessions available Saturday and Sunday. SKYPE sessions available, please contact for details.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|