Lesley Shearer, PGDip, Counselling & Psychotherapy, MBACP
13 Lady Jane Gate Bothwell
01698 813532 / 07989 540083
I realise that some clients can feel a little overwhelmed by the whole counselling Process.
- How to get started
- Give me a call, txt or e-mail
- l will set up an initial session, where we have a chat about what you would like help with and what you would like to achieve. If you would like to continue, I will set up a second session and we can arrange to meet weekly or fortnightly.
I offer therapy, counselling, coaching, CBT, and mindfulness.
I can help you with personal issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, relationship issues, divorce, bereavement.
For the full list of my services please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Having graduated from Strathclyde University in 2000, I have 16 years experience as a counsellor and therapist, mindfulness and meditation teacher. I and am fully qualified to offer both Person Centred Therapy(PCT) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy(CBT).
Psychotherapy/counselling is used to treat a variety of mental health and emotional problems including anxiety and relationship issues, it involves talking to a trained therapist who listens with empathy as you discuss your feelings and problems in a safe environment and in absolute confidence. It can help you deal with any negative thoughts or feelings.
Sessions typically Last 50minutes, take place weekly and can continue for as long as you need them but generally for up to 8 sessions.
I offer a free telephone session at the start of our time together to be sure we are the right 'fit' for each other.
The counselling setting takes place in a beautiful tranquil setting surrounded by gardens and nature.
If you need any help or more information, please do not hesitate to give me a call or visit my website
Training, qualifications & experience
- Pg Dip Counselling, University of Strathclyde
- Diploma in Mindfulness and Meditation, Glasgow City College
- Advanced Professional Training in Person - Centred Counselling Practice
- in Couple and Family Therapy, University of Strathclyde
- Diploma in Supervision, Alcohol Focus Scotland
- Psychology: Development, Social and Abnormal
- certificate in Psychodynamic Approach
- Bereavement, Grief and Loss, Cruse Bereavement
- ASIST Suicide Intervention Training
- Counselling in medical centre, working with anxiety, stress and depression
- Working with serious ill- health relating to Alcohol abuse
- Health Centre practice counsellor
- Inverclyde Counselling Services
- James Watt College
- Most recently, I was a Senior Therapist for six years with the Meridian & Alcohol counselling Team, which supported thousands of individuals and families across Lanarkshire affected by drug and alcohol abuse,
- In this setting I have years experience working with, Anxiety, stress, addiction, abuse, relapse prevention, relationship issues, work and bullying in the work place, low mood.
I will also run bespoke sessions and workshops tailored to clients particular needs.
I have helped many people over the years. I could help you too. Visit the other pages of my website to learn more about my services.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
facilitaion in mindfulness for young people.
Let go of the past with the use of mindfulness.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
Photos & videos
I charge £35
Mindfulness & Meditation
Meditation is a state of peace that occurs when the mind is calm and still. Individuals can use this practice to train the mind and gain a particular state of awareness to either gain a specific benefit or for the mind to just acknowledge its content without becoming identified with it, as an end in itself. Recent research links it with stress reduction, relaxation and an enhanced quality of life.
I offer Stress reduction using mindfulness / relapse prevention using mindfulness.
I offer the above as individual sessions as a form of therapy for a wide range of issues, including anxiety, depression, stress and addiction recovery.
I also offer mindfulness for young adults 15- 19 year olds.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|