Under "normal" circumstances we each possess the ability to cope with life's crises, but occasionally something or everything appears overwhelming and we need help. I provide a personal, confidential, one-to-one integrative counselling service. The basis of my approach is person-centred. I can offer you space to explore your thoughts and feelings regarding any issues which you wish to present. Having a non-judgemental counsellor help you through these daunting issues can be life-changing and uplifting.
I have opted to work online via Zoom or WhatsApp Video at present. Therefore cannot offer face-to-face appointments at this time.
I can offer daytime or evening appointments. We can work either short or long term together. I work with a variety of issues including bereavement, anxiety, depression, some addictions and trauma.
I counsel adults, couple, and children and young people.
I am member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and therefore adhere to their Ethical Framework and also a member of National Counselling Society (NCS).
I hold public liability insurance.
I attend regular supervision and continue to undergo training in diverse issues.
I am also a qualified Counselling Supervisor, accredited with NCS.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Higher National Diploma in Integrative Counselling (BACP accredited course)
- Awareness in Bereavement Care Level 2 - Ascentis/Cruse Bereavement Care
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision (KRCS, NCS Accredited)
Other Continued Personal Development undertaken:
- Working with Children and Young People in Bereavement - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Counselling Skills with Children and Young People - Coleg Sir Gâr
- Impact of Childhood Sexual Abuse – Aberystwyth University/Seren
- Transactional Analysis 101 - Institute of Transactional Analysis
- ASSIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - Livingworks
- Understanding Suicide and its effect on those left behind - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - Swansea Therapy and Fireside Training
- Working with Trauma - Pembrokeshire Counselling Service
- Facilitating Bereavement Support Groups (Ascentis)
- Continued Personal Development in many issues pertaining to client work
Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
Concessions offered for
£40 per 50 minute session
£60 per 1.5 hour couple session
£30 for Keyworkers
£25 for students - full/part-time and trainee counsellors
Other concessions may be available - please enquire
£40 per Supervision hour and £60 per 1.5 hours
My latest evening appointments are 6.30pm for 50 minute sessions
Please enquire about concessions.
I offer a few sessions at concessional rates dependent upon income and student status