I see therapy as a way of moving towards greater freedom. When we are supported it becomes more possible to gain insight into the ways we feel limited, to acknowledge and release the feelings that can keep us stuck and to find new ways to meet life fully. I see first-hand how the inner struggles people experience translate into their outer reality and am passionate about supporting people to liberate themselves from whatever is keeping them stuck.
It takes courage to reach out and seek change. I will meet you with openness and compassion, offering a heart-felt and grounded space to gently explore how you came to seek therapy and what will help you to thrive.
To illustrate what our sessions might be like, here are some of the ways we can work together:
- Together, we can build a place of safety to explore uncomfortable experiences, often releasing the energy spent trying to manage or avoid the feelings around them.
- We can sensitively and safely work with trauma held in the body, allowing these stuck or undigested experiences to be transformed, lessening the power they hold over everyday life.
- I can help you build awareness of what you are experiencing inside your body, helping you harness this information to support and inform you.
- We might use mindfulness and body-focused practices, to help you access the support of being in the present moment and not always caught in experiences from the past or anticipation of the future.
- I can offer support to welcome home and integrate aspects of the self that have felt unwanted, unlovable or too painful; moving towards a greater feeling of wholeness.
- I can support you to reconnect with all the resources you have to meet life confidently.
Experiencing for myself the joys and challenges of being a parent, I am passionate about supporting other parents to resource themselves and have an opportunity to parent in the way they want to. There are benefits for the whole family when a parent is able to feel their needs are attended to. I draw upon the practice of connection-based parenting and have extensive experience of working in partnership with parents to help lighten the emotional load they carry.
I offer both short and long-term support. It may be that you don’t know how many sessions you want to have, this is ok too. I offer face to face, online and telephone sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling with Dartmoor Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy 2015-2017
- National Counselling Society Accredited
- Experience of working with parents, drawing upon the practice of connection based parenting, to support and build resource.
- Experience of working in the field of homelessness, addiction and social prescribing.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
A one hour session is £45.
The frequency of sessions will depend on what feels right for you. Weekly sessions can be helpful but I also see people more or less regularly.
Concessions are available.