Stephanie Petrelli - Inside Out Counselling
Hello and welcome to my page, my name is Stephanie Petrelli. I am a qualified, professional Psychotherapist with a Master of Education in Counselling Psychology and a registered member of the BACP.
In a very busy and hectic world, I believe counselling is one of the few places people are truly able to dedicate some time for themselves. It can be extremely healthy and relieving to talk it out with someone who will listen with compassion and without judgement.
Ever since I was young, I knew I wanted to follow a career path that would make a difference in people’s lives. Prior to becoming a psychotherapist, I was a teacher for 5 years. It was this experience that developed my passion for wellbeing and that set me on the path of helping others and focusing on mental health. During my counselling career, I have had the chance to work with both adults and young adults suffering from a wide variety of issues. I currently work at a university counselling centre helping to support students throughout their education using a brief, solution-focused framework. I also provide longer term counselling support for a charity in Portsmouth.
Some of the issues I have worked with are:
Lack of confidence/Self-esteem
I can offer you a warm, safe environment to help you explore your problems without passing judgement. No one is more of an expert on your life than you and I want to understand and work through your problems with you. I value your experiences and what you bring to our sessions. We will work together in order to build confidence, independence, and resilience to improve and maintain your wellbeing.
I have always been a part of a multidisciplinary team and therefore use methods and strategies from a variety of approaches, all depending on with whom I'm working. This integrative approach allows me to tailor each session to your specific needs and experiences. It is important to me to ensure you are getting the most appropriate support that works for you. I may use techniques from various counselling models such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Brief Solution Focused, Gestalt, Mindfulness, Person-Centred, as well as other methods. If you're going through a difficult time or would just like to discuss feelings or thoughts you can’t cope with, please get in touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) in English and History
- Bachelor of Education with Qualified Teacher Status- I used to teach secondary school English.
- Master of Education in Counselling Psychology
- Registered member of the BACP
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
It is very important to me to continue developing myself professionally. I am always learning new and innovative ways to work with clients by attending or completing workshops.
CONTINUED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Child Protection Workshop (2013)
- Facilitating Group Therapy (2014)
- Working with Suicidal Thoughts Workshop (2014)
- Healthy Relationships Workshop (2014)
- Working with Self-harm Workshop (2015)
- Working with Trauma Workshop (2015)
- Incorporating Mindfulness Workshop (2015)
- Eating Disorders Workshop (2015)
- Youth Psychosis Prevention Workshop (2015)
- Treating Intrusive Thoughts & the Inner Critical Voice Workshop (2017)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Online Course (2018)
- Diploma in Stress Management (2018)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
All sessions are approximately 50 minutes.
First session/Intake Assessment- £30
Regular/on-going sessions- £50
Accepted forms of payment: cash before the session begins (a receipt can be given) or BACS.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I do offer video counselling if for any reason you are unable to access face-to-face counselling.
Flexible working hours.
Types of client