Why therapy? Why now?
What is bringing you to therapy now? Perhaps you feel anxious and stressed? You may be experiencing relationship difficulties or struggling to connect with other people? Or you could be feeling lost and alone at the moment?
If something doesn’t feel quite right for you at this time, therapy may give you that precious time and space to work through those difficulties and challenges. Counselling may help give you back the joy and contentment you deserve in life.
What can I offer you?
If you feel ready for therapy, I make a professional commitment to you to provide a confidential, empathic and non-judgemental space in which you can explore, reflect and grow.
Explore - Together, we can explore your issues, unpick them and find their origins. Understanding your pain will help to build self-awareness.
Reflect - Taking some time to reflect on your understanding of why you feel the way you do will help give you the power to take control of how you want to move forward in your life.
Grow - Building upon this self-awareness, understanding and power will help you to grow your self-esteem. Be free from all those expectations of others and believe that you are enough.
COVID DISCLAIMER: Due to current restrictions I am offering online therapy (via video-call, telephone or email) or walk and talk therapy at a number of parks local to East Dulwich, Herne Hill, Crystal Palace or Greenwich. I hope to resume face to face counselling at my practice in East Dulwich soon. For more information on Walk and Talk therapy, please visit my website.
Free initial consultation:
If you would like to find out more about working with me as your counsellor, I offer a free 20 minute initial consultation via video-call or telephone. It is an opportunity to ask me any questions you may have and for us to explore how therapy might best work for you. Feel free to contact me to arrange this.
Training, qualifications & experience
Higher Professional Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Certificate in Online Counselling (accredited by the Association for Counselling and Therapy Online)
I am an Anxiety UK Approved Therapist
Motivational Interviewing Diploma
Addiction Counselling Diploma
Continued Professional Development: Trauma, Expressive Media, Domestic Abuse, Complex Grief, Postnatal Depression, Infant Loss and Subsequent Pregnancy After Loss.
I have worked with many clients presenting a range of issues including:
- Anxiety & Stress - Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety, Postnatal Anxiety, Work-Related Stress
- Depression - Postnatal Depression, Mild Depression, Seasonal Affective Disorder, Cyclothymia
- Low Self-Esteem - people-pleasing, punishing thoughts, imposter syndrome, feelings of inadequacy or being 'less than everyone else'.
- Grief/Loss - particularly baby loss, infertility issues and miscarriage
- Maternal mental health issues - postnatal anxiety and depression
- Domestic abuse - coercive control, life after an abusive relationship
- Shame and guilt based issues - particularly those in recovery from addiction or addictive behaviour.
- Pregnancy-related issues (post/prenatal depression and anxiety, infertility issues, miscarriage, baby loss).
- Addiction (substance misuse, alcohol dependency, shame and guilt issues, low-self-esteem, co-dependency, growing up with a parent or family member who is /was an addict).
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online
The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
- Initial consultation (20 mins) Free
- Online therapy session - video call or telephone (50 mins) £45
- Low cost session (50 mins) please contact me
Concessions offered for