Sarah Harvey, BSc Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, MBACP reg, UKCP.
Sometimes in life, things can seem difficult or overwhelming and we can just feel stuck, confused or helpless. I know from my counselling journey how frightening, draining and isolating it can be to experience feelings and emotions that feel too heavy to discuss with family and friends. I also have a deep appreciation of how life changing it can be to find the space to explore and process these challenging feelings and find ways to move forward with greater clarity and understanding.
You may already be very clear about what you want to work on or may be confused and uncertain. Either is fine as we are all very different, and through our relationship we can work to gain deeper understanding of what has previously or is currently occurring in your emotional world.
Maybe you’re feeling the effects of anxiety, panic, stress or depression? Or experiencing family issues, separation or divorce? You may be suffering a bereavement or betrayal or just generally feeling sad, lost or unhappy. Perhaps you're living with low self-esteem or self-confidence and would like to talk to someone who will genuinely hear you and work with you collaboratively to find your own inner strengths and a way forward.
I offer a non-judgemental, safe space in which together we can explore your difficulties and long held beliefs to cultivate new ways of working that evoke empowerment, healing, growth, change and personal development.
As divulging personal and perhaps previously unshared information with someone new may feel daunting or unsettling at first, I offer a reduced price initial consultation and assessment appointment to enable us to discuss what you might wish to explore in your sessions with me. If we feel we may be able to work well together, we can then arrange to meet weekly on either a short or longer-term basis.
Simply send me an email and today could be the start of a bright new chapter in your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling from Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling from Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling from Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Integrative Counselling from Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy
I am a Human Toolbox Authorised Practitioner
I am committed to furthering my continued professional development through reading, individual and peer supervision and attending CPD events
Some recent training I have attended includes:-
- The Challenge of Uncertainty with Ernesto Spinelli
- Working with Erotic Transference and Countertransference
- GDPR and BACP Ethical Framework Review
- Human Toolbox Practitioner Training
- Overview of UK Attachment and Trauma Congress
- Personal Insights Into Attachment Theory
I have previously worked as a volunteer counsellor at:-
- Life-Force Centre for Natural Well-Being in Colchester
- Mentis Tree CIC in Bury St Edmunds
I am a Registered Member of BACP and UKCP.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Work-related stress
My fee is £40 per 1 hour weekly session which can be paid in cash on the day or by BACS payment prior to the session.
The initial consultation and assessment session is £20.
I work from my home in Holbrook - a 10 minute drive from Ipswich or a 15 minute drive from Manningtree.
I also work from The Hub Business Centre in Ipswich which has disabled access, parking nearby and is walking distance from the town centre.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Holbrook Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am - 7pm and Wednesdays 2pm - 7pm Ipswich Wednesday mornings
Types of client