Sarah Harvey, BSc Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling, MBACP reg, UKCP.
Sometimes in life, things can seem difficult or overwhelming and we can feel stuck, confused and helpless.
Are you feeling the effects of anxiety, panic, stress or depression? Or experiencing family issues, separation or divorce? You may be suffering a bereavement or betrayal or just generally feeling sad, lost or unhappy. Perhaps you're living with low self-esteem or self-confidence and would like to talk to someone who will genuinely hear you and work with you collaboratively to find your own inner strengths.
Counselling offers a non-judgemental, safe space in which to explore difficulties and long held beliefs to cultivate new ways of being that evoke healing, growth, change and development.
As an integrative counsellor, I believe in the importance of building a trusting and supportive therapeutic relationship that can help you explore your own relationships both with yourself and others around you.
You may already be very clear about what you want to work on or may be confused and uncertain. Either is fine as we are all very different, and through our relationship we can work to gain deeper understanding of what has previously or is currently occurring in your emotional world.
As the idea of sharing personal, and perhaps, never previously shared information with someone new may feel daunting or unsettling at first, I offer a reduced price initial consultation and assessment session to enable us to discuss what you might wish to explore in your sessions with me. If we feel we may be able to work well together, we can then arrange to meet weekly on either a short or longer-term basis
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling from Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling from Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling from Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Integrative Counselling from Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy
I am a Human Toolbox Authorised Practitioner
I am committed to furthering my continued professional development through reading, individual and peer supervision and attending CPD events
Some recent training I have attended includes:-
- The Challenge of Uncertainty with Ernesto Spinelli
- Working with Erotic Transference and Countertransference
- GDPR and BACP Ethical Framework Review
- Human Toolbox Practitioner Training
- Overview of UK Attachment and Trauma Congress
- Personal Insights Into Attachment Theory
I have previously worked as a volunteer counsellor at:-
- Life-Force Centre for Natural Well-Being in Colchester
- Mentis Tree CIC in Bury St Edmunds
I am a Registered Member of BACP and UKCP.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
My fee is £40 per 1 hour weekly session which can be paid in cash on the day or by BACS payment prior to the session.
The initial consultation and assessment session is £20.
I work from my home in Holbrook - a 10 minute drive from Ipswich or a 15 minute drive from Manningtree.
I also work from The Hub Business Centre in Ipswich which has disabled access, parking nearby and is walking distance from the town centre.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Holbrook Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am - 7pm and Wednesdays 2pm - 7pm Ipswich Wednesdays 9am - 1pm
Types of client