Neil Henry - MBACP, MNCS,Integrative CBT Counsellor Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire
The Bassett Clinic
Hi and welcome to my profile.
The question that I receive most in my practice is how can I change my life now? How can I overcome and move past through my sorrows and worries? How can break free from the hold of anxiety and experience happiness and joy in my life again? My answer to these questions is that I have worked with hundreds of clients and helped them find the answers to these exact questions and find their own personal personal purpose in life. In our sessions I will guide and mentor you every step of the way and provide you with a set of tools that you will be able to use long after our sessions have ended.
I am a professional Integrative Psychotherapist with over 10 years professional experience and a member of both The National Counselling Society and the BACP. Being integrative I’m able to draw from many therapies to give my clients the best-bespoke therapy to help them overcome their struggles and start feeling better from the very first session. I am an expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, mood management, low confidence, relationship issues, panic disorders, stress management and depression.
I have trained extensively to work with both adults and children using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Neurolinguistic Psychotherapy (NLP) and Art / Play Therapy using an integrative approach to help clients of all ages make sense of their world and create a brighter future.
It is the strength of the therapeutic relationship rather than the theoretical approach that brings about hope and a belief that things will change. I offer a free initial telephone consultation because it is extremely important to me that you feel that you have chosen the right therapist for you.
As well as working with Adults I have many years experience working with children and young people and work as integrative Arts Child Counsellor in a number of local schools and organisations.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) in the treatment of depression, anxiety disorders such as social anxiety, OCD, panic disorders and generalised anxiety disorder.
- Integrated CBT, NLP and Art Psychotherapy in working with children and teens.
- Confidence building and Goal Achievement. Using Coaching, NLP, Guided Visualisation to help clients of all ages achieve their goals be it Weight Management through to getting the perfect job.
- Stress Management and Emotional Regulation – helping clients experiencing Work related stress. Relationship Issues, Life Transitions (Divorce & Separation, Bereavement & Loss, New School/Job).
- Intervention & Treatment of Tics \ Tourettes and OCD disorders.
What to expect from the sessions
- You will get an individualised treatment plan that research has confirmed that works.
- You will leave our sessions with a set of expectations that are realistic and a set of goals that we will work together to formulate and reach. I will use my expertise to work with you to set these goals into shorter and longer-term timeframes.
- The sessions are structured with you in mind and your experience of the therapy sessions are at the heart of everything that I do. I want you to feel comfortable in the sessions, discover strength and belief within and to leave the session feeling better than when you entered the room!
- The sessions are focused primarily on the ‘here and now’ and will provide you with the belief that you already have the tools within you to solve whatever the problem.
My journey to becoming a counsellor started many years ago when I undertook training with the goal to help our son through emotional difficulties that he was experiencing at the time. It was a result of this that I had what felt like a calling to become a counsellor and help people.
I fully understand the pressures of trying to maintain a healthy work / life balance and the stress that this can cause in all areas of your life. I perviously worked as a senior manager across a number of sectors including finance, retail and telecoms both in the UK and Internationally.
After undertaking further training and deepening my experience working with adults and children I took the decision to pursue counselling on a permanent basis – a decision that I have never regretted!
Believe it or not, your life doesn’t have to be such a struggle. In a supportive, nurturing environment I can help you to begin to understand what is making you unhappy, focus on defining the changes you want and set about making them a reality.
Please contact me either via email or 07595335514 for an informal chat about the sessions and to answer any questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Diploma in Child Counselling - Institute of Arts in Education and Therapy
- Tics \ Tourettes - Exposure & Response Prevention - Habit Reversal
- Master NLP Practitioner
- Working with Children and Young People in Care (Reconstruct)
- Certificate in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling using the Arts with children (Institute for Art and Therapy in Education)
- Working with Transgender children (Gender Intelligence)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client