Natasha Barnes: MSc in Psychotherapy, BA Hons, UKCP Full Clinical Registration.
I am an understanding, genuine, kind and supportive counsellor/ psychotherapist. I appreciate how hard it can be to be looking to find a therapist. I am used to helping people new to therapy explore how therapy might be able to help them. You and your needs, experiences and emotions are my focus. I am committed to low cost therapy to allow more people to access it despite being highly qualified, experienced and effective as a therapist. I offer a free 20 minute phone conversation.
I offer support with anxiety and depression and many kinds of life challenge's and mental health difficulties.
. I am able to offer couples counselling, marriage counselling, counselling for depression, anxiety and many other life struggles. I have specialist extensive experience supporting those who've experienced sexual assault and other kinds of past trauma or abuse.
Please contact me if you'd like a session or if you'd like to know more about how I might be able to support you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Person-Centred and Experiential Psychotherapy from The Sherwood Institute.
- Specialist training in counselling survivors of trauma, rape, human trafficking, grooming and childhood sexual abuse (The Quetzal Project, ISAS, Nottingham rape crisis centre).
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults training.
- BA Hons, University College London.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Nottingham University.
- Qualification in careers guidance, Nottingham Trent University.
- Experience befriending and supporting refugees in Eastern European refugee camps.
- 3 years counselling at ISAS (Incest and sexual abuse support, Newark).
- 3 years+ counselling and doing client assessments at The Quetzal project, Leicester supporting adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
- Helpline work at Nottingham Rape Crisis Centre, Nottingham.
- Experience teaching secondary pupils, Horncastle.
- Experience supporting young people at Connexions, Lincoln.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £20.00 to £50.00
Concessions offered for
£35 per hour session. This lower price is a choice and reflects my desire to allow more people to access therapy. As you can see on my profile the lower price in no way reflects my level of experience, qualification or skill.
£30 Counselling Student fee.
One free 6 month place at anytime for a client unable to pay for counselling.
I offer daytime appointments. I have current availability.
I also offer online and phone sessions.