Natasha Barnes: MSc in Psychotherapy, BA Hons, UKCP Full Clinical Registration.
I am an understanding, genuine, kind and supportive counsellor/ psychotherapist. I appreciate how hard it can be to be looking to find a therapist. I am used to helping people new to therapy explore how therapy might be able to help them. You and your needs, experiences and emotions are my focus. I am committed to low cost therapy to allow more people to access it despite being highly qualified, experienced and effective as a therapist. I offer all clients a free first taster therapy session, with no pressure to have more sessions beyond this.
I am able to offer couples counselling, marriage counselling, counselling for depression, anxiety and many other life struggles. I have specialist extensive experience supporting those who've experienced sexual assault and other kinds of past trauma or abuse.
Please contact me if you'd like a taster session or if you'd like to know more about how I might be able to support you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Person-Centred and Experiential Psychotherapy from The Sherwood Institute.
- Specialist training in counselling survivors of trauma, rape, human trafficking, grooming and childhood sexual abuse (The Quetzal Project, ISAS, Nottingham rape crisis centre).
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults training.
- BA Hons, University College London.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Nottingham University.
- Qualification in careers guidance, Nottingham Trent University.
- Experience befriending and supporting refugees in Eastern European refugee camps.
- 3 years counselling at ISAS (Incest and sexual abuse support, Newark).
- 3 years+ counselling and doing client assessments at The Quetzal project, Leicester supporting adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
- Helpline work at Nottingham Rape Crisis Centre, Nottingham.
- Experience teaching secondary pupils, Horncastle.
- Experience supporting young people at Connexions, Lincoln.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
£30 per hour session. This lower price is a choice and reflects my desire to allow more people to access therapy. As you can see on my profile the lower price in no way reflects my level of experience, qualification or skill.
£25 Counselling Student fee.
One free 6 month place at anytime for a client unable to pay for counselling.
I also offer skype and phone sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer daytime and evening appointments. I have current availability in the days and evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|