Anchor Counselling - Maria Palej, Dip.Couns, Reg. MBACP
I am qualified integrative counsellor practicing in South East London. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
People can come and see me for a variety of reasons, such as:
- low self esteem
- anxiety and stress
- depression, low mood, feeling sad, and lack of motivation
- loss or bereavement
- feeling lost and lacking general meaning or direction in life
- panic attacks
- relationship issues, family issues
I understand life can be difficult at times and we all need some added support from time to time. I provide safe non-judgmental space where you can discover effective ways to support yourself and create better life.
What to expect in your first session: Approaching the idea of starting therapy for the first time, or again, can be an uncertain place to be in. First counselling session gives you space to get to know me better and ask therapy related questions you feel are important in making this decision.
It is also where you can tell me more about yourself and why you want to come into counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Training to work with children
I am a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor and a member of the BACP and I work within BACP Framework for Good Practice.
I regularly attend talks, seminars and workshops to expand my knowledge, skills and understanding as a counsellor.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Drug addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
SESSIONS are available
- MONDAY-FRIDAY from 10:00-21:00
- SATURDAY from 10:00-15:00
ASSESSMENT Fee (Individual)
- Monday - Friday 10:00-17:00 £50 for 50 minutes session, payable at the start/end of every session
- Monday - Friday 17:00-21:00 £60 for 50 minutes session, payable at the start/end of every session.
- Saturday 10:00-15:00 £65 for 50 minutes session, payable at the start/end of every session.
CONTINUED sessions (Individual)
- Monday-Friday 10:00-17:00 £60 for 50 minutes session, payable at the start/end of every session
- Monday-Friday 17:00-21:00 £65 for 50 minutes session, payable at the start/end of every session
- Saturday 10:00-15:00 £70 for 50 minutes session, payable at the start/end of each session
STUDENT COUNSELLORS requiring student hours towards diploma course. (Concessions available) between 10:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
- Monday-Friday 10.00-17:00 £75 for 50 minutes session payable at the start/end of each session
- Monday-Friday 17:00-21:00 £85 for 50 minutes session payable at the start/end of each session
- Saturday 10:00-15:00 £90 for 50 minutes session payable at the start/end of each session
Payment method: Cash on day, BACs payment is required the day before session.
The best way to find out if we can work together is to meet
I can be contacted via email or phone. If I am unable to take your call please leave a message and a time that is convenient for me to phone you back. Any message left is completely confidential.
Anchor Counselling is based at Under 1 Roof, Unit 9, The IO Centre, Skeffington Street, Royal Arsenal Riverside, SE18 6SR.
In a nutshell, we are based within a large industrial-looking warehouse. After all, where else would you put an oasis of this size?
Under 1 Roof is just under a 10 minute walk from the Woolwich Arsenal DLR and Railway stations, as well as Plumstead Railway station.
96, 99, 122, 177, 180, 244, 380, 422, 469, 479 – all stop nearby on Plumstead road.
51, 53, 54, 161, 178, 291, 386 – all stop nearby in Woolwich centre.
If you’re walking or cycling, scooting or generally coming without the car, we are easy to find. Once in the Royal Arsenal Riverside, head towards the iO Centre (everyone is so helpful there, so just ask if you’re lost or call us at 020 3247 4417).
If you’re driving, there are various routes to get to the Royal Arsenal but only one way in. Follow the one way system and turn that sharp left turn into TOM CRIBB ROAD. Then straight over the small roundabout and it’s on your left. The front of the building is the entrance for the Under 1 Roof Nursery and Pyramid Martial Arts (staff parking only) so come straight round to the BACK.
For the Centre itself, drive round to the back and you’ll find limited free parking (not guaranteed, but generally available).
Please park ONLY within the Under 1 Roof boundary, which is currently marked by a soakaway (drain). You will NOT receive any parking tickets if you are in our car park and WITHIN the line. Kindly note that parking places are rather limited during peak times, so you may want to plan to use the very good transportation network.
Check with reception if you are at all unclear, because we have no control over the ticketing, which now comes directly from the landowners.
There is a cafe situated on next to our office (open 9:30am-5:00pm) so if you arrive early for your appointment you can visit the cafe and have a drink, amazing cakes or lunch they have on offer.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am currently available to accept new individual clients and couples at Royal Arsenal Riverside office.
I am all available for 1 Saturday morning home visit.
Types of client