Anchor Counselling - Maria Palej
I am qualified integrative counsellor practicing in South East London. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
People can come and see me for a variety of reasons, such as:
- low self esteem
- anxiety and stress
- depression, low mood, feeling sad, and lack of motivation
- loss or bereavement
- feeling lost and lacking general meaning or direction in life
- panic attacks
- relationship issues, family issues
I understand life can be difficult at times and we all need some added support from time to time. I provide safe non-judgmental space where you can discover effective ways to support yourself and create better life.
What to expect in your first session: Approaching the idea of starting therapy for the first time, or again, can be an uncertain place to be in. First counselling session gives you space to get to know me better and ask therapy related questions you feel are important in making this decision.
It is also where you can tell me more about yourself and why you want to come into counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Training to work with children
I am a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor and a member of the BACP and I work within BACP Framework for Good Practice.
I regularly attend talks, seminars and workshops to expand my knowledge, skills and understanding as a counsellor.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
SESSIONS are available
- MONDAY-FRIDAY from 10:00-21:00
- SATURDAY from 10:00-15:00
ASSESSMENT Fee (Individual)
- Monday - Friday 10:00-17:00 £50 for 50 minutes session, payable at the start/end of every session
- Monday - Friday 17:00-21:00 £60 for 50 minutes session, payable at the start/end of every session.
- Saturday 10:00-15:00 £65 for 50 minutes session, payable at the start/end of every session.
CONTINUED sessions (Individual)
- Monday-Friday 10:00-17:00 £50 for 50 minutes session, payable at the start/end of every session
- Monday-Friday 17:00-21:00 £60 for 50 minutes session, payable at the start/end of every session
- Saturday 10:00-15:00 £65 for 50 minutes session, payable at the start/end of each session
STUDENT COUNSELLORS requiring student hours towards diploma course. (Concessions available) between 10:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
- Monday-Friday 10.00-17:00 £75 for 50 minutes session payable at the start/end of each session
- Monday-Friday 17:00-21:00 £85 for 50 minutes session payable at the start/end of each session
- Saturday 10:00-15:00 £90 for 50 minutes session payable at the start/end of each session
Payment method: Cash on day, BACs payment is required the day before session.
The best way to find out if we can work together is to meet
I can be contacted via email or phone. If I am unable to take your call please leave a message and a time that is convenient for me to phone you back. Any message left is completely confidential.
Anchor Counselling is based at Shrewsbury House, Community Centre, Shooters Hill. Our office is based on the second floor and unfortunately, there is no lift facility available.
Free parking available at Shrewsbury House, Community Centre
There is a cafe situated on the ground floor in Shrewsbury House, so if you arrive early for your appointment you can visit the cafe and have a drink or amazing cakes they have on offer.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am currently available to accept new individual clients and couples at Shooters Hill office (Shrewsbury House, Community Centre, Bushmoor Crescent SE183EG)
Types of client