Lara Leon Counselling & Psychotherapy Dip. Couns, Bsc (Hons), MBPsS, MBACP
Hello and thank you for visiting. Counselling can be a great source of relief and comfort and help us through the tough times. Often we emerge calmer, more confident, more resilient and with a sense of peace, because having someone there who understands, listens and does not judge is very powerful and can result in change on a huge scale.
I will support and guide you through the exploration of your thoughts and concerns and I will provide a calm, safe and caring environment in which to do so. My experience of working with a variety of age groups from school children to the retired means that I can adapt to your needs. I have worked in several counselling agencies and therefore have experience of the many different issues that cause anxiety and low mood.
What is Counselling?
It’s a therapeutic, professional relationship. A relationship where you can feel safe, listened to and accepted. For many, this is something never experienced before.
Our relationship will be based on empathic understanding. This allows you to safely explore concerns, behaviours and feelings that you may not feel able to discuss with others.
Life can be a challenge. Things happen that we don’t plan for or expect and we may aim for change, but sometimes we get stuck. Often people don’t understand us and we can become anxious, fed up or down. Other times we fulfil others’ expectations of us and we end up feeling trapped and resentful because of this. Before we know it our relationships suffer or our appetite changes, perhaps we can’t sleep, focus or concentrate, or might we feel hopeless and sad. Anxiety affects people in lots of different ways. If this sounds like you, I invite you to get in touch. With my support and understanding, you can start to feel life is brighter.
Please call or email me to arrange an initial session. If calling, please leave a message and I will get back to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have completed the following qualifications and training, however I feel that ongoing professional training and learning is imperative to remain relevant and adaptable in my work with my clients.
- MSc Psychotherapy (Existential) (NSPC/Middx University) *
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT-L5 (CPCAB)
- Therapeutic Counselling TC-L4 (CPCAB)
- Counselling: Exploring Fear and Sadness (Open University)
- Introduction to Counselling (Open University)
- Diploma in Life Coaching (NCFE)
Additional Recent Training
- Working with Problem Gamblers (GamCare) (2014)
- Understanding how to work with children of substance misusing parents (EDAS) (2015)
- Working with adult survivors of childhood abuse (DAA) (2016)
- Using CBT to work with addiction (GamCare) (2016)
- Working with Trauma (CFC) (2017)
- Working with Dissociative Identity Disorder (PODS) (2017)
- Working with Children and Young People – anxiety and panic issues (2017)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Adoption and the effects on both the adoptee and those who adopt.
£45 per 50 minute session for individuals
£35 per 50 minute session for counselling students studying TC-L4
Payment options: direct to bank; cash, PayPal
Areas I work with:
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Relationships (adult, sibling, parent-child)
- Survivors of childhood abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Fears and Phobias
- General Anxiety
- Low mood/depression
- Grief and Loss
- Adolescents and young adults
- Problem Gambling
I work in an integrative way, meaning that I draw on various therapeutic approaches in order to adapt to you as an individual.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 9.00 am - 6.00 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9.00am to 2.30pm
Types of client