Kathryn Marlow (MHGI)
Who am I and how do I work?
Positive change is a talking therapy and coaching practice in Leicestershire that uses the Human Givens approach to enable fast and effective life-changing conversations. I offer confidential and non-judgemental time and space to think and reflect, coupled with an understanding of how to contain and transform unhelpful emotions through the development of alternative and more positive life strategies.
1 in 4 of us will experience difficulties and need to seek help and support at some point in our lives. Being able to talk about things with someone who can provide you with the right help can make a real difference.
Using a number of tried and tested therapeutic techniques, including deep relaxation and guided imagery I can help you explore your issues in a way that enables you to take a more objective and compassionate viewpoint, dealing quickly and effectively with trauma in order to release the lock between the traumatic experience and the emotional response in a safe and non-threatening way. Whatever your past experience or present situation, we can work together to find a more empowered, balanced and healthy future.
What can you expect from seeing me?
Positive change will give you fast, effective and practical therapeutic conversations & outcomes in one of three ways, depending on your needs;
- Therapy: relief from depression, anxiety, panic attacks, trauma, phobias, addiction, stress and poor sleep.
- Counselling: equipping you for strong relationships, successful marriage, parenting, teenagers, healthy divorce, blended or extended families, career change, business growth, fitness or sporting high performance, good health, wholesome bereavement & happy retirement.
- Coaching: for personal and professional ongoing high achieving: inspiring you to show up in a bigger way at home, at work, and for yourself; exploring your relationship with risk and how to trustingly face fears; choosing the experiences you want in your future; adding meaning to ambition; staying happy, healthy and on plan for your success.
What do I do now?
If this sounds like the kind of approach that you would like to take, contact me today for further information and to schedule an appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- HG. Dip. P (Distinction)
- Dip. (Counsel)
- Dip. (CBT)
- CMI Coaching (Cert)
- BA (Hons)
I have also undertaken additional accredited training with The Foundation for Infant Loss and can provide emotional support and counselling to women who have experienced the loss of a baby either before birth or during early years.
I have 12+ years coaching experience in both a corporate and personal environment and have 4 years experience helping people deal with emotional distress and thoughts of suicide through voluntary work with the Samaritans. I currently work with a local charitable organisation providing therapy to female survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£50 per 1 hour session
£70 per 90 minute session
Positive Change is a private therapy and coaching practice that operates on the following 4 principles:
- Explore: yourself, your current state and your desired future
- Understand: what's required to change and how this can be done
- Change: circumstances, feelings and behaviours to make goals a reality
- Grow: as an individual to the best version of yourself
We will book sessions as we go at a time that suits us both. My standard hours of business are;
- Mondays: 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Tuesday: 2:30pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday: 2:30pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:30am - 5:00pm
Please call or email to check availability and book an appointment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please see further information regarding details of session availability
Types of client