Life just isn’t 9 ‘til 5 anymore and balancing existing commitments with counselling during the day can be a struggle. I offer a convenient online and telephone service at evenings and weekends, to fit around your existing commitments.
You are unique, and I will work with you to tailor my technique to match your individual needs. I will be led by you and what matters to you and will support you throughout your counselling. It can feel daunting reviewing the faces of strangers, looking for the right ‘fit’, but you will know when your choice has been made. Talking about how you feel in a space where no-one judges you, allowing you to build a deeper understanding of yourself without fear, can be incredibly rewarding, although the first step can be the hardest.
I am particularly interested in working with Student and Trainee Counsellors, for whom concessionary rates are available.
How I can help:
- I specialise in working with anxiety, depression, feelings of sadness and self-esteem, including; coping skills, relationship issues, work-related stress, sleeping difficulties/insomnia and self-harming.
- I offer an initial telephone consultation to understand your goals and what you want to achieve, at no obligation
- We can identify ways to manage the sense of panic that can sometimes seem so overwhelming, working to develop tools to manage feelings of panic, fear and nausea.
- We can work to reconnect with family, friends and social activities, if feelings of sadness or little motivation have withdrawn you from your usual life
- If you feel you that nobody cares or that you are not ‘good enough’, we can discover ways to feel more confident, be less self-critical a tackle challenges that once felt overwhelming.
- I provide remote counselling that fits around your existing commitments, reducing the need for travel
If you would like to book an appointment or initial telephone consultation, please contact me at email@example.com
Training, qualifications & experience
- Charitable Trustee – The Leicester Counselling Centre (2020 – current)
- Volunteer counsellor – The Leicester Counselling Centre (2018 – current)
- Arts Foundation Degree – Integrative Counselling (FDA) – University of Leicester (2019)
- Registered member of the (BACP) Membership No. 381585
- Psychology MSc – University of Northampton (2020 - current)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Fees are £50 for a 50-minute session (a therapeutic hour), beginning with a free, initial telephone consultation and I am pleased to offer concessions to Student Counsellors and Trainee Counsellors.
The telephone consultation provides an opportunity to understand what you would like to achieve from counselling and to ask any questions you may have. There is no obligation following the consultation.
Counselling sessions take place weekly, via online or telephone, on the same day and time unless otherwise agreed.
Counselling sessions are payable by bank transfer, no later than 24 hours after your appointment.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Concessions offered for
Overstone Counselling was established to provide a convenient counselling service at evenings and weekends for individuals who need the flexibility of a beneficial process that fits around the existing commitments they have.