Dr Emma Ostrovskaya BSc, DCouns Psy, HCPCreg
- I am a Doctor of Counselling Psychology, I work with children, individuals, and couples, in a short and long term therapy. I provide integrative psychotherapy and counselling, approach that consists of different therapeutic modalities: Existential therapy, CBT, Person-centred, Gestalt, Trauma work, and Mindfulness.
The aim of therapy is to:
- Encourage to re-define one's existence, values and beliefs, and to reach a deeper level of self understanding and self awareness.
- Help the to become more authentic and honest with oneself and with others.
- Encourage to acknowledge and to act on one's freedom and talents.
- Help to come to terms with the past experiences, to heal past traumas, and to learn the lessons of the past.
- Help to realise the abundant potentiality of the present situation and to begin using the resources available in the present.
- Aim to assist in search for a meaningful direction in one's existence.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over 11 years of experience in psychology field, and over 8 years of experience in my own therapeutic practice (www.counselling-psychology.org.uk).
I have 2:1 in BSc Psychology, and I am trained as a Doctor of Counselling Psychology at a Professional Doctorate program for Counselling and Psychotherapy at Regent"s University London. I am a member of British Psychological Society and the Society of Existential Analysis and I am registered with Health Care and Professional Council (HCPC).
Even though my degree specialised in Existential-Phenomenological approach, I did my clinical training in various clinical placements specialising in different therapeutic modalities. I worked at:
Counselling Initiatives (CI) providing integrative psychotherapy to adult clients experiencing the trauma, depression and anxiety (4,5 years).
London Age UK psychodynamic psychotherapy for older adult clients age 55 to 90 years old, who experienced terminal illness, isolation, and increased fear of death (1,5 years).
Place2Be in psychodynamic play therapy, art therapy and psychodrama, working with children age 6-11 years old who experienced trauma, anxiety and abuse (2 years).
Harrow Women’s Centre providing existential-humanistic therapy for women victims of domestic violence and abuse, who experience isolation, and social struggle (1,5 years).
Resident Supporter in St.Mark’s Gerontology Centre.Looking after the residents, making them comfortable, providing emotional support and organizing fun events (3 months).
For the last 14 years I have been a student to several teachers of Tibetan Buddhism, and have been practising Buddhist under the guidance of several Tibetan Masters.
I am collaborating on the book on psychological trauma and dissosiation http://www.secretlivesofapparentlynormalpeople.com/book.html
I am a columnist in Premium Monthly Magazine.
I am also fully qualified Accredited Legal Mediator.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
Photos & videos
Individual counselling £70
Telephone counselling £60
Skype counselling £60
Reduced income rates to be discussed
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mornings Afternoons Evenings Weekends
Types of client