Dr Elisa Cunial Trotta CPsychol BPS, MBACP & HCPC reg - Individuals & couples
07833 428 401
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist offering individual and couple therapy in English, Italian and French. I aim to help you approach your concerns with clarity and insight in order to create new tools and strategies to move forward.
When we experience anxiety, depression, relationship issues, bereavement, work-related problems, health concerns or life-transitions, we can feel very disempowered, lonely and, sometimes, at loss. We ask ourselves why and how things became the way they are, and what we can do to feel differently, if not to change them. Friends or family might be around, but we might feel unable to tell them what is happening to us. Sometimes, we might even be unable to formulate it within ourselves.
Starting therapy can be initially unsettling, but this feeling often dissipates after a few sessions.
I have experience in helping people deal with a variety of issues, including:
• Loss and bereavement
• Trauma and abuse
• Relationships and parenting
• Abortion and miscarriage
• Depression (including post-natal depression)
• Eating disorders
• Chronic and life-threatening illness
• Infertility problems and sexuality
• Mid-life crisis and life transitions
• Self-esteem and creativity
• Work related problems
I believe that therapy is a journey. It is not about labelling or categorising, nor about right or wrong. Rather, it is about understanding, paying attention, discovering values, limitations, assumptions and beliefs within ourselves. As in all journeys, it provides an opportunity to explore, to visit or to re-visit in order to see, learn, and put into perspective.
Through a dialogical encounter, therapy helps you find connections between events and emotions, past and present, actions and reactions. This promotes the creation of a supportive net in which both feelings and thoughts play an important role. Thanks to therapy, new attitudes can emerge and this might help you approach life's situations with greater confidence, understanding and self-knowledge.
I practice from an integrative perspective, which means that I combine different models of therapy. My work is particularly informed by the humanistic, existential and psychodynamic approach, as well as the systemic approach for couple therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist with The British Psychological Society (BPS), where I am a full member of the Division of Counselling Psychology. I am also a registered member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council).
I have 15 years experience in the fields of education, psychology, counselling and psychotherapy with adults (individuals and couples), children and groups, both in the UK and abroad. Before being in private practice, I worked as a psychologist in a leading research institution, I was a counsellor in the NHS and a team leader and psychotherapist in a large London-based charity. I have extensive experience in working with a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology - Regent's University, London
- MSc in Psychology - Geneva University, Switzerland
- BA in clinical and special needs education - University of Fribourg, Switzerland
- Diploma in French teaching as foreign language - University of Fribourg, Switzerland
- Currently (July 2018) completing the British Psychological Society accredited supervision training - London
- Energy Psychotherapy Foundation Course - working with trauma and its complexities using the wisdom of the body energy centres (acupressure points, meridians and chakras) - London
- Attachment theory for the understanding of early trauma - London
- Child Protection Skills - London
- Foundation in Bereavement Counselling - Oxford
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Individual therapy: £65 per 50 min session
- Couple therapy: £95 per 60 min session (or £115 per 75 min session)
15% concession for students
Please note that I have a 48 hours cancellation policy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Italian and French|
Tuesday to Friday daytime and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|