Are you struggling?
I am trained to support you so that you can clarify what you need, and how you can find a meaningful way forward.
My name is Désirée Scarpellini, I am an chartered psychologist with more than ten year's experience of providing psychological therapy in the private sector.
I provide confidential, compassionate and ethical time-limited and open-ended psychological therapy online. I hope to return to face to face/in person meetings in my office in SW London in the near future.
- I offer therapy online (Video Therapy with 'Zoom' Video conferencing).
- I am hoping to resume with offering therapy in my consulting room ('person to person') and will update my profile accordingly.
- I work with adults (over 17 years)
- I work with individuals and couples
Whilst I work with a range of presentations, I have two specialist areas of interest:
- I am skilled at supporting people to get the most out of their relationships with partners including conflict management, overcoming gridlock, and navigating psychosexual differences.
- I am skilled at enabling the cultivation of a peaceful relationship with worry, rumination, obsessions, compulsions, panic, anxiety and uncertainty.
Training, qualifications & experience
Relevant training, qualifications and experience are included here so that you are better placed to make an informed decision about my 'goodness of fit' for your particular circumstances and needs. The information shared below attests to the fact that I have a longstanding and keen interest in applied philosophy, psychology, design, research and technology. I am aware that my training, qualifications & experience may not be a good fit for some. I can assure you that my investment in disciplines other than psychology have enriched, and continue to inform my psychotherapy practice in ways that I could not have anticipated in advance of actually interacting with individuals and dyads/couples with a view to providing a facilitative, therapeutic and transformative space.
So as to foreground my commitment to offering ethical and person-centred practice, I here provide information about the professional regulators and accreditors whose assistance should be sought should my behaviour breach the terms of the therapy agreement that we negotiate:
1. British Psychological Society (BPS) Chartered Psychologist; Membership Number: 170347
2. Practitioner Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC); Registration number: PYL30687
3. Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP); Registration Number: 379331
4. Professional Therapy Liability and Indemnity Insurance Provider: Balens Therapist Insurance Policy Number TS5/3536365
5. Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) Data Controller Registration Number: ZA295049
Additionally, a prerequisite of my professional registration is that I meet regularly (at least once monthly) with an experienced clinical supervisor. This undertaking is a means to ensuring that I am managing my clinical caseload and making ethical, evidence-based decisions in my clinical work. I am committed to life long learning, and this value is expressed in my work by consistent engagement with clinically relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities.
Why should this matter to you?
Regular meetings with an experienced clinical supervisor are considered a means to ensuring consistency of practice and clinical safety.
As well as providing a means to live my values, my commitment attending professional training (CPD) is a means by which I strive to refine and adjust my competencies as a psychological therapist.
Private and Public Sector Experience:
I have more than ten years' postgraduate experience in the private sector as a Consultant Psychologist at Harley Therapy, 1-7 Harley Street, London.
Previous to my private work, I gained 5 years of postgraduate clinical experience within the organisations detailed below:
- Stepping Stones Clinic, Psychological Therapies Team, Oxleas NHS Trust
- Psychology Unit, HIV Medicine Royal Free Hospital
- Older Person's Community Mental Health Team, N.E. London Mental Health Trust
My Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology – London Metropolitan University
- Master of Science in Counselling Psychology – London Metropolitan University
- Person-Centred Counselling Certificate - London Metropolitan University
- Postgraduate Conversion Diploma in Psychology – London Metropolitan University
- B.A. Hons. (1st Class) Theatre Studies (Design & Puppetry) – Central School of Speech & Drama, London
- B.A. Hons. (2:1) Philosophy - University of Bristol
- Bachelor of Arts with 2nd Class Honours, 1st Division in Philosophy – Bristol University
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £100.00 to £150.00
Free initial online session
Concessions offered for
How much does it cost?
50 minutes individual therapy consultation inclusive personalised follow-up materials and resources: £100.00
60 minutes couples therapy consultation, inclusive Gottman Relationship Check-up, relationship-centred follow-up materials and resources: £150.00
Reduced rate for trainee psychologists and psychotherapists: £60.00
Please email me directly to discuss your preferences and my availability: email@example.com