Are you having a difficult time?
I am trained to support you to clarify what you need, and how you can find a meaningful way forward.
My name is Désirée Scarpellini, I am an experienced psychologist with more than ten year's experience of providing psychological therapy in the private sector.
I provide confidential time-limited Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and open-ended integrative psychotherapy in the Chilterns, South Buckinghamshire and online.
- I offer therapy online (Video Therapy with 'Zoom' Video conferencing) and in a consulting room ('person to person').
- I work with adults (over 17 years)
- I work with individuals and couples
Whilst I work with a range of presentations, I have two specialist areas of interest:
- I am skilled at supporting people to get the most out of their relationships with partners including conflict resolution and overcoming gridlock.
- I am skilled at enabling the cultivation of a peaceful relationship with processes such as worry, rumination, obsessions, compulsions, panic and anxiety.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold British Psychological Society (BPS) Chartered Status (membership number 170347); I am qualified and registered as a Counselling Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC Registration number: PYL30687); I also adhere to codes of ethics, training and conduct expected from a Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
I hold current Professional Liability and Indemnity Insurance, Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (EDBS) certification and I am registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) as a data controller.
A prerequisite of my professional registration is that I meet regularly with a clinical 'supervisor', and that I undertake ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Regular meetings with an experienced clinical supervisor are considered a means to ensuring consistency of practice and clinical safety. My commitment attending professional training (CPD) is a means to honouring my commitment to lifelong learning and refining my competencies as a psychological therapist.
Private and Public Sector Experience:
I have more than ten years' postgraduate experience in the private sector as a contractor with Harley Therapy, 1-7 Harley Street, London.
Previous to my private work, I gained several years' postgraduate honorary clinical experience within the organisations detailed below:
- Stepping Stones Clinic, Psychological Therapies Team, Oxleas NHS Trust
- Psychology Unit, HIV Medicine Royal Free Hospital
- Older Person's Community Mental Health Team, N.E. London Mental Health Trust
My Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology – London Metropolitan University
- Master of Science in Counselling Psychology – London Metropolitan University
- Person-Centred Counselling Certificate - London Metropolitan University
- Postgraduate Conversion Diploma in Psychology – London Metropolitan University
- Bachelor of Arts with 1st Class Honours in Theatre Studies (Design) – Central School of Speech & Drama
- Bachelor of Arts with 2nd Class Honours, 1st Division in Philosophy – Bristol University
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
How much does it cost?
50 minutes individual therapy £80.00
60 minutes couples therapy £100.00