Are you having a difficult time?
I am trained to support you to clarify what you need, and how you can find a meaningful way forward.
My name is Désirée Scarpellini, I am an experienced psychologist with more than ten year's experience of providing psychological therapy in the private sector.
I provide confidential time-limited Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and open-ended integrative psychotherapy in the Chilterns, South Buckinghamshire and online.
- I offer therapy online (Video Therapy with 'Zoom' Video conferencing) and in a consulting room ('person to person').
- I work with adults (over 17 years)
- I work with individuals and couples
Whilst I work with a range of presentations, I have two specialist areas of interest:
- I am skilled at supporting people to get the most out of their relationships with partners including conflict resolution and overcoming gridlock.
- I am skilled at enabling the cultivation of a peaceful relationship with processes such as worry, rumination, obsessions, compulsions, panic and anxiety.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold British Psychological Society (BPS) Chartered Status (membership number 170347); I am qualified and registered as a Counselling Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC Registration number: PYL30687); I also adhere to codes of ethics, training and conduct expected from a Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
I hold current Professional Liability and Indemnity Insurance, Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (EDBS) certification and I am registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) as a data controller.
A prerequisite of my professional registration is that I meet regularly with a clinical 'supervisor', and that I undertake ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Regular meetings with an experienced clinical supervisor are considered a means to ensuring consistency of practice and clinical safety. My commitment attending professional training (CPD) is a means to honouring my commitment to lifelong learning and refining my competencies as a psychological therapist.
Private and Public Sector Experience:
I have more than ten years' postgraduate experience in the private sector as a contractor with Harley Therapy, 1-7 Harley Street, London.
Previous to my private work, I gained several years' postgraduate honorary clinical experience within the organisations detailed below:
- Stepping Stones Clinic, Psychological Therapies Team, Oxleas NHS Trust
- Psychology Unit, HIV Medicine Royal Free Hospital
- Older Person's Community Mental Health Team, N.E. London Mental Health Trust
My Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology – London Metropolitan University
- Master of Science in Counselling Psychology – London Metropolitan University
- Person-Centred Counselling Certificate - London Metropolitan University
- Postgraduate Conversion Diploma in Psychology – London Metropolitan University
- Bachelor of Arts with 1st Class Honours in Theatre Studies (Design) – Central School of Speech & Drama
- Bachelor of Arts with 2nd Class Honours, 1st Division in Philosophy – Bristol University
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
How much does it cost?
50 minutes individual therapy £80.00
60 minutes couples therapy £100.00
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My clinic is open on weekdays. I have some availability for video therapy sessions in the evening.
Types of client