Allie Cairnie MBACP (Accred)
07551 863 374
If you’re looking at this directory, it could be that you are finding life particularly difficult right now but also find thought of talking to someone pretty daunting. Perhaps you are looking for things in your life to change or want to understand why things keep happening to you in a certain way...
I am BACP accredited integrative therapist, which means I draw on a range of approaches as my aim is to shape my style of working around you and your needs. Above all, this is your therapy and it's important it feels right for you.
Because it feels difficult to ask for help and we can fall into a trap of trying to ignore or bury our difficult thoughts, feelings and experiences. We feel like we 'should' be able to cope on our own, however this way of coping can stop working over time and life can begin to feel tiring, frustrating or exhausting.
Therapy can offer a space to begin to explore new ways of coping with life’s challenges, with things moving at your own pace - my aim here is to be by your side through this process, offering you warmth, support and compassion as you find your unique way of understanding and living your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor and accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP accred).
My counselling training includes:
- First Class BA Hons in Integrative Relational Counselling
- CPCAB General Certificate in Online Counselling
Additional training in:
- Integrating a LifeCoaching approach
- Applying Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in Practice
- Mental health awareness
- Understanding Life Crisis
- Working with Eating Disorders
- Understanding Addiction - Drugs and Alcohol Training
I have also worked in the charity sector managing several mental health projects, including a community-based service for people with depression as well as a peer support project for people using NHS services.
I am currently working for a local youth charity where I am responsible for innovation and development, which means I am always looking for new types of services that can help people get the help they need in a way which is flexible, friendly, convenient and accessible.
My specialist training to work with young people has included:
- Working with Young People and Trauma
- Working with Young People: Policies, Ethics, Child Protection, Safeguarding
- Adolescence and Sexuality
- Working with Young People and Self Harm
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Relationship problems
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
Standard rates are £50 per session in Coulsdon and £60 per session in Clapham (from 2018).
I understand that often money can be a real barrier to people getting the help they desperately need.
- I do therefore offer concessionary fees to those experiencing financial difficulty.
- I also offer a student rate for trainee counsellors undertaking counselling as part of their course requirements.
Please contact me for more information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My therapy room in Coulsdon is on the ground floor and fully accessible, whereas in Clapham I work on the first floor of the building (with no lift access).
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|