Trish Benson Counselling Therapist & Registered M.BACP
In order to practice safely, I am currently counselling via telephone and / or online counselling.
I’m mindful that virtual counselling may feel a little different from an “in the room experience”’ but for now online counselling enables support to continue as we learn to negotiate the way through some challenging times.
Sometimes life events can bring to the surface issues that have been around for some time, thoughts and feelings kept within ourselves. This can be for different reasons, maybe we are unsure how to even begin talk about them, we might not want to upset others or feel shame because we " should" be able to cope or sort things out on or own. This can leave us feeling invisible, trapped or isolated within our own minds,
Counselling offers a conversation a place to speak what might feel unspeakable, somewhere to take concerns problems or worries. This can help us to feel less burdened and possibly consider circumstances and situations in other ways, we can begin to feel empowered to respond and think differently.
As we become more aware of ourselves, we begin to have deeper insight, and it’s this awareness and understanding that enables us to embrace the future.
It's not always easy making the first call or writing the first email but after doing so, there can be a sense of relief just to begin.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been offering professional counselling for just over 15 years, seeing clients privately for 11 years. I have helped with a range of issues offering both short term or long term counselling. My previous professional work has always involved helping others, working within the public sector (the prison service as a prison officer for 17 years) and then charitable organisations The Matthew Project West Norfolk, The One to One Project King's Lynn and Dhiverse Cambridgeshire.
- Group Facilitation - The Institute of Group Analysis (IGA) London 2016 - Current
- Group Facilitator - Psychoeducational Group local mental health charity 2011 - Current
- BACP Professional Certificate of Proficiency (CoP ) 2010
- Level 4 Post Grad Adv.Dip Therapeutic Counselling 2004 - 2006
- Level 3 Counselling Studies 2006;
- Level 3 Counselling Skills 2006;
- Certificate in Bereavement 2006,
- Leading Structured Groups 2006 (Group Facilitator HMP Service)
- Level 2 Counselling Skills 2005; Level 2 Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Prison officer within the Prison Service a, Group Facilitator and Staff care team support.
- Drugs Support worker for the Matthew Project charity within Norfolk.
- Support worker for DHIVERSE a Cambridge based sexual health charity
- Counselling for 10 years with a local community counselling charity - helping people with distressing difficulties - OCD, Generalised Anxiety, Depression, Grief Loss and Bereavement, Relationship Breakdowns, Sexual emotional and physical abuse. Eating Disorders.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have experience helping people with long standing anxiety , relationship issues, depression and anxiety, drug and alcohol problems, sexual, physical and emotional abuse, sexual orientation and identity, eating disorders, bereavement and loss and helping people to build their self-esteem when feeling unsure of themselves.
I've also helped with difficult emotions such as anger, resentment and rage.
Photos & videos
Prices for sessions vary between £ 35.00p and £55.00p
We usually begin with a brief conversation. this is an opportunity to explore if counselling maybe helpful for you, and provides an opportunity to answer any questions, thoughts or concerns you may have.
I am a professionally registered member of the BACP British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) this is a professional organisation that has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA) (a government body)
I hold a current DBS (The Disclosure and Barring Service)
Bus stop 5 min's away from location (Norfolk Green 505 between Spalding &
I attend monthly supervision to ensure I uphold my ethical responsibilities I regularly attend counselling seminars and workshops to ensure I continue to develop my understanding of specific difficulties and needs .
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|