Zhila Afrouz MBACP Accred - Child, Young person & Adult Counsellor/CBT Therapist
Hello and welcome.
Are you or your child struggling with unwanted feelings?
I am a fully qualified and accredited Counsellor and Cognitive Behavioural Therapist trained to work with children, young people, and adults.
I specialise in the area of mental health, including; depression, generalised anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, social phobia, vomit phobia, plus many more...
I also specialise in children and young people counselling which may also include anger, family concerns, friendships, school stress, communication, plus many more....
It is easy to tell ourselves we are OK and brush our issues aside, however they will always find a way to return to us. This is our mind's way of saying that there is a problem that we need to address in order to move forward. By monitoring our thought patterns and behaviour, we can gain an understanding of our unwanted feelings, and create some new skills to manage our issues.
Therapy sessions can support you in the following ways:
- Providing a safe and confidential environment that enables you to comfortably explore your problems away from the chaos of daily life.
- Creating a collaborative therapeutic relationship where we can work together to create change.
- Providing a warm empathic ear, that is free of judgement.
- Supporting you in gaining understanding of yourself, and your difficulties.
- Using non-verbal communication and play therapy techniques to support younger age client's.
- Targeting mental health directly, treating depression and anxiety disorders.
- To create change in your thinking and behaviour by introducing strategies, and techniques, to help you manage your difficulties throughout effective treatment plans.
Please feel free to contact me to find out more and arrange an appointment. Further information can also be found by visiting my website at mind your mind therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- MA Counselling Children and Young People
- Advanced Practice of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Diploma)
- BA (Hons) Health and Social Care
I have had many years experience of providing therapy across GP surgery's, hospitals, family centres, youth centres, primary schools and high schools. I have acquired a vast amount of experience in supporting individuals with a diverse range of difficulties.
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.