Zhila Afrouz MBACP Accred - Child, Young person & Adult Counsellor/CBT Therapist
Hello and welcome.
Are you or your child struggling with unwanted feelings?
I am a fully qualified and accredited Counsellor and Cognitive Behavioural Therapist trained to work with children, young people, and adults.
I specialise in the area of mental health, including; depression, generalised anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, social phobia, vomit phobia, plus many more...
I also specialise in children and young people counselling which may also include anger, family concerns, friendships, school stress, communication, plus many more....
It is easy to tell ourselves we are OK and brush our issues aside, however they will always find a way to return to us. This is our mind's way of saying that there is a problem that we need to address in order to move forward. By monitoring our thought patterns and behaviour, we can gain an understanding of our unwanted feelings, and create some new skills to manage our issues.
Therapy sessions can support you in the following ways:
- Providing a safe and confidential environment that enables you to comfortably explore your problems away from the chaos of daily life.
- Creating a collaborative therapeutic relationship where we can work together to create change.
- Providing a warm empathic ear, that is free of judgement.
- Supporting you in gaining understanding of yourself, and your difficulties.
- Using non-verbal communication and play therapy techniques to support younger age client's.
- Targeting mental health directly, treating depression and anxiety disorders.
- To create change in your thinking and behaviour by introducing strategies, and techniques, to help you manage your difficulties throughout effective treatment plans.
Please feel free contact me to discuss your concerns and arrange a free 30 minute initial consultation. Further information can also be found by visiting my website at mind your mind therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- MA Counselling Children and Young People
- Advanced Practice of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Diploma)
- BA (Hons) Health and Social Care
I have had many years experience of providing therapy across GP surgery's, hospitals, family centres, youth centres, primary schools and high schools. I have acquired a vast amount of experience in supporting individuals with a diverse range of difficulties.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
A free 30 minute initial consultation is offered.
Sessions are then priced at £40.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client