Zhila Afrouz (MBACP)-Counsellor/CBT Therapist for Children,Young People & Adults
We can often get caught up in the same vicious cycles over and over again in our lives. History will keep repeating itself until we gain an understanding of why, and make the necessary changes. Our past experiences, our relationships, and our feelings about ourselves play a vital part in our thoughts and responses. Self-awareness is key to unlocking the door to change. I believe that all human beings have the ability to reach their full potential, and with the right conditions, can flourish.
It is my passion to support individuals through their difficulties. I provide Counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to children, young people, and adults.
Therapy sessions can support you in the following ways:
- Providing a safe and confidential environment that enables you to comfortably explore your problems away from the chaos of daily life.
- Creating a collaborative therapeutic relationship where we can work together to create change.
- Providing a warm empathic ear, that is free of judgement.
- Supporting you in gaining understanding of yourself, and your difficulties.
- Using non-verbal communication and play therapy techniques to support younger age client's.
- Targeting mental health directly, treating depression and anxiety disorders.
- To create change in your thinking and behaviour by introducing strategies, and techniques, to help you manage your difficulties throughout effective treatment plans.
Please feel free to visit my website at mind your mind therapy for further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- MA Counselling Children and Young People
- Advanced Practice of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Diploma)
- BA (Hons) Health and Social Care
Throughout my 8 years experience of providing therapy across GP surgery's, hospitals, family centres, youth centres, primary schools and high schools, I have acquired a vast amount of experience in supporting individuals with a diverse range of difficulties.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
A free 30 minute initial consultation is offered.
Sessions are then priced at £40.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client