Serena Chaplin MBACP (accred)
01747 871078 / 07970 489587
There are times in our lives when we struggle and could really do with some help. Making sense of our thoughts and feelings, or situations which leave us feeling uncomfortable and off balance, is difficult alone, but generally made easier with someone else to talk them through with.
I work with both couples and individuals struggling with many of life's problems. I have the added advantage of a second training specialising in family therapy. The "family" can mean your original family or present family. This work can include different combinations of people, like a parent and child, couples or siblings who feel stuck or an individual with a particular area of difficulty.
Some of the issues might include:
family breakdown and its consequences
high anxiety /fear
issues of self esteem
desire for growth and change
issues of loss. ........................... to name just a few.
I wholeheartedly believe that a good counselling relationship can provide a safe setting to explore some of these troubles and start making changes. Counselling can help to provide you with a better understanding of relationships, both with yourself and others and I believe it is from this foundation, that you can then go on to realise your full potential and lead a more fulfilled life.
if you would like my help, please feel free to email me to make an appointment for an initial assessment. This gives us the chance to discuss your situation and see if we would be happy to work together.
At this meeting we could then decide on a plan going forward, based on regular appointments at times that suited us both, according to your needs.
I have been counselling since 1997 and have experience of working with adults, young people and couples in a wide variety of settings in both the public and private sectors. I run a private practice in Wiltshire.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP - accredited member of the British Assn. For Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Introduction/Foundation - Person centred counselling. London 1994-95
- Diploma, Addiction Counsellor 1997- 1998
- Diploma, Systemic Family Therapy, St. George's Hospital, Tooting. 2005 and 2006
- Additional Independent Training modules for Family work, group work, shame work and
boundary work amongst many.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- £50 individuals per hour
- £70 an hour for couples counselling
Tisbury is easily accessed
- by Rail from Andover, Salisbury, Gillingham, Sherborne
- By road Tisbury is 5 minutes off the A303, A30 and A350 so within easy reach of Wincanton, Warminster, Shaftesbury and Salisbury and even Blandford, Sturminster Newton, and Wimborne.
There is parking outside my work place.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day and early evening appointments available
Types of client