Sarah Hearn MNCS (Acc)
07802 883637 / 07802 883637
I provide a safe, confidential, inspiring environment and can provide unique support through your journey to positivity and well-being. I will facilitate hope, emotional support and recovery.
I became a psychotherapist in the view of positively contributing my support to anyone who has experienced trauma, loss and grief, or any negative, unpleasant or confusing life experiences.
My objective is to move you forward into experiencing a better quality of life for yourself and subsequently positively affecting people surrounding you now and in the future.
To do this, I believe in working collaboratively with you, using a wide spectrum of psychotherapy not just rigidly applying one form but recognising and applying only relevant techniques unique to you.
Reality is perceived differently by everyone as our experiences and interpretations are unique therefore your treatment plan should complement this awareness.
I will appreciate your pace and level of understanding required for the therapeutic change to occur and appropriately apply interventions and skills according to your absorption and motivation.
I am willingly bound by the content of the BACP ethical framework.
Not seeking help for your own well-being can have a devastating effect on your life and subsequently on the lives of your family, friends and other people with whom you have contact with and who do not understand what you are actually going through.
I can help to restore your self-esteem, hope and facilitate a realistic pathway to feeling better. I can teach strategies and techniques which will help you to achieve and maintain a better quality of life.
I will facilitate positive change by providing a safe, confidential, non-judgemental and trusting relationship and environment in order to identify and explore;
- Current thought patterns/negative thoughts
- Triggers for negative thoughts and feelings
- Unhelpful beliefs and negative predictions.
I provide structure and realistic collaborative goal setting for you. I can also help to show you that it is possible to have control over your thoughts which may subsequently have an adverse effect on your feelings and behaviour. I will give you the tools to help identify and change unhelpful or disruptive thoughts and actions, thus promoting the prospect of long term contentment with minimal chance of regression.
After just a few session, you can start to feel empowered, get your identity back and be able to make rational, positive and informed decisions.
Your journey starts here…
Training, qualifications & experience
- Practitioner Diploma in CBT
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Transactional Analysis, Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Intermediate Certificate Course in Counselling Skills (including Loss & Grief)
- Counselling Children and Young People
- Safe professional and effective practice for counsellor & psychotherapist
- Play therapy / Sand-Tray therapy
- Starting to work creatively with clients
- Addiction – What is it and how to work with it
- Pain Management
- The BACP Individual Member (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- The National Counselling Society Accredited Member
- Psychotherapist for OACS since January 2015
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Individuals - £45 per 50 minute session
Couples - £55 per 50 minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings and weekends
Types of client