Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Hi my name is Sanj and I provide Counselling and Psychotherapy to adults, children and young people, couples and families.
I have over 14 years experience in this field of work and before that I’ve always worked in supportive and managerial roles within domestic abuse, homeless services, Cruse bereavement Care, family support worker roles, mental health, children’s worker and family therapy.
We all face crisis in our lives from time to time, our mental health will go through difficulties just as our physical health.
Counselling gives you a confidential place to go, someone to talk to, who will listen, someone to explore your difficulties with in a safe secure environment.
I feel the relationship we will have is very important and is built and based on trust. You are the expert in yourself and your life, I am here to facilitate your process to understand and make sense of what it is that your experiencing. I work to enable you to work through the issues you may be facing. Together we define the level of support and therapy required. You are in the driving seat and I will work at your pace alongside therapeutic interventions to enable you to move forward and make sense of what it is that your experiencing, together we work to make progress.
You are making the second step in accessing support, the first step is acknowledging there's an problem.
My stance on offering support is to do just that, I work in an empathic, non judgemental manner and try my best to view your world through your eyes, as if in your shoes, My priority is to put you first. I work through conversation as well as through building a rapport and all therapy is bespoke and tailored to you (no one size fits all right?! ) as well as using many different tools from various theoretical bases to enable you to have the best possible experience.
I offer Counselling in English, Punjabi, Urdu and Mirpuri. I offer short and long term therapy. I work as an integrative counsellor and psychotherapist using various techniques dependant on your needs. I also work in a creative, holistic and spiritual way. I offer 1 hour sessions on a weekly or fortnightly basis depending on what works best for you, at times we may run over so be it. I try my best to work around your commitments as well as my diary.
I can make exceptions and travel to you however there is an additional charge for travel costs and travel time, this will need to be discussed when you initially make contact.
If you would like an informal confidential chat to see if we are a good fit, you may want to find out more about the process of counselling or how I work please get in touch. I offer a 15 minute “get to know me chat” for feee before we book in for an initial consultation at a reduced cost of £35 for 1:1, and £85 for couples for a limited time only which I ask for payment upon booking to confirm that time slot.
I have been an independent Freelance Counsellor since 2008. I also offer my service to organisations on request. I also offer family therapy sessions.
I also offer training workshops to organisations on raising awareness and understanding self harm, suicide, honour killings, forced marriage and honour related crimes, as well culture and diversity.
I deliver workshops on understanding domestic abuse, the impact of domestic abuse on the victim/ survivor and the perpetrator, in this program I discuss a series of scenarios, the impact on children, understanding emotions, working through emotions, knowing what help is out there, this is usually done in schools and colleges with children and young people aged 11-20.
I offer 1:1 and group Counselling. I also offer organisations my services, this includes schools and counselling for staff.
Day, evening and weekend appointments available. Session are offered face to face, via telephone or video call. Should we begin to experience high rates of Covid again all sessions will need to be carried out as a telephone call or a video call.
please note I do not take calls from private number so if you call as withheld please leave a message and I will contact you back as soon as possible .
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Specialist Diploma in Case Work Clinical Counselling Supervision gained in Sept 2023
- Foundation, Practitioner and Master Practitioner in NLP and life coaching. Gained in 2022
- Diploma in Couple & Family Therapy level 3. Gained in 2022
- Accredited Couple therapy training gained in 2022.
- Practitioner and Master Practitioner in the use of EFT/TFT (Emotional freedom technique & Thought filed therapy and life coaching.
- Level 2 Child Safeguarding gained in 2016.
- Team Teach training in positive handling strategies with a holistic framework gained in 2014.
- Clinical Supervision of Counsellors training gained in 2010.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling gained 2009.
- Supporting people with difficulties and counselling gained 2009.
- Questioning. Domestic violence, risk assessment and safety planning all gained in 2008.
- Awareness in Bereavement Care Foundation training gained in 2007
- NCFE Level 3 Counselling skills and theory gained 2006.
- NCFE Level 2 Counselling skills gained 2005.
- NVQ Level 2 Care gained in 1999.
- NQV level 2 Childcare, Education & working with babies gained in 1997.
- I have experience of working with issues such as:
- Self harm
- Identity work
- Domestic Abuse
- Self- esteem/confidence
- School issues
- Anger management
- Managing/ maintaining relationships
- Sexual assault
- IFS Therapy (Internal Family Systems)
- Mental health
- Forced marriages
- Family issues
- fibromyalgia/Lupus/Arthritis/ Physical pain/ Chronic pain management
- Confusion about sexuality
- Health issues
- Relationship break down/ separations/ messy divorce
- Pet bereavement
- Cultural identity
- Isolation/ disowned by family
- Substance misuse
- Breakdown in communication
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Neuro-Linguistic Program (NLP)
- Mindfulness practice
- Relaxation/Guided Meditations
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT)
- Panic Attacks
- Trauma based therapy
- Social anxiety
- Feeling sad/ lost/ alone
- Couple and family therapy
- Divorce and Separation
This list is not exhaustive.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Honour related crime, ethnicity, Domestic abuse, cultural issues, identity
£45.00 - £150.00
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
- £45- £50ph Individual counselling
- £40 per person, group therapy 2 hour session of counselling. Family therapy will be based on the number of members attending this will be discussed but should not exceed £150 per session.
- £85 for 1.5hr sessions couples, reduced from £95 currently.
- £30ph for counselling students, OR why not take up the offer of the first 6 sessions for £160, thereafter the student fee will apply unless we negotiate a fee, this is an offer for Counselling Students unless discussed otherwise. Student counsellor support package - a record of attendance as required by your college/university £ dependant on time taken, should you also require a letter there is a fee of £25 per letter required. Slots are limited so Please ask about availability.
- For those on a low income or benefits for the fee is based on concessions and availability, individual fee applies unless we discuss otherwise.
Concessions for those on a low income, on benefits
Please do not be put off by my fees I am always open to negotiate.
- concession slots are limited so please ask about availability.
When I work
Daytime, Evening and weekend appointments available. I will do my best to work around your commitments as much as possible. Telephone, face to face and video appointments available.
Member of BACP. MBACP (accred) status
Professional Membership with The Priority Academy and working towards accreditation in Life Coaching
Professional membership with Complimentary Therapists Accredited Association (CTAA)
Professional membership with Quality Licensing Scheme (QLS)