P. Damien Shann BSc. (1st. Hons. Counselling) Bereavement & General Counselling
You may already know what you're looking for from counselling, or you might just feel you want things to change. By talking things through, you can work out a new perspective or direction. I am ready to help that process unfold. My approach includes being curious about what a steady, fulfilled future might look like to you and how you can find your way there.
I am a registered therapeutic counsellor with an emphasis on free-form conversation that can help you find answers to what is troubling you. I especially welcome working with those who may not normally seek counselling or therapy though think they may benefit from talking over potential solutions to difficult aspects of their lives.
I have also worked for more than twenty years as a personal development mentor for a wide range of people as well as facilitated hundreds of group sessions and workshops on personal change. I presently focus on working one-to-one. You may find that, through our conversations, you will quickly begin to find solutions to what has been bothering you.
Offering a friendly, understanding context, with a special emphasis on genuine acceptance, creating a safe place for you to talk. Talking about your distress with another can help lift its burden, and let you take a fresh look at what troubles you. Though I will tailor my approach to you as an individual, my general approach is to look for genuine and inspiring solutions moving forward rather than focusing solely on the past. You may find that as we talk you will see new possibilities or perspectives and a renewed purpose and meaning.
Though I do accept that conditions such as "generalised anxiety disorder" or "panic disorder" are very real problems for people, I do try to see through the labels to the real present personal experience.
My primary specialism is bereavement and complicated grief, I do also, however, work on a wide range of issues. I have a special interest in working with:
- Anxiety and worry
- Panic attacks
- Loss of direction
- Low self-esteem
- Cultural issues
- Health related issues
- Men's Issues
- Mental health issues
- Obsessions and OCD
- Personal Development
Training, qualifications & experience
I spent over 5 years as a student of therapeutic counselling.
- BSc. (1st Class hons.) Counselling: University of Brighton
- FdSc. Person-Centred Counselling: University of Brighton
- Foundation Year, Psychosynthesis: ReVision, London.
- Level 2 Counselling Skills Qualification. NCFE, Lewes.
- ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training: Suicide First Aid. Eastbourne.
- Certificate in Focusing Skills: The British Focusing Teachers’ Association. London
- Patient and Family Support Team Generic Training. St. Catherines Hospice, Crawley.
- Foundation and follow on courses in Brief Solution Focused Practice, working towards certification (London and Cardiff).
Other related training:
- Working with Children Facing Loss. St Catherines Hospice, day workshop, Crawley.
- Adult Aptitude to Grief Scale, and how to apply it. St. Catherines Hospice, day workshop, Crawley
- BACP endorsed Hypnotherapy Training w/e. Brighton
- Working with Trauma day workshop
- I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and adhere to their code of ethics.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
My fees are:
Lowestoft £35 daytimes, £40 after 6pm
Evolution Counselling and Natural Health,
Room 13, Riverside Business Centre
1 Riverside Road
Norwich: £45 daytimes, £50 after 6pm,
6 Upper King Street
I am committed to helping to look for ways to make counselling affordable to you. I do have some spaces available for people who require reduced fees. Please contact me for information on availability for these. I can also signpost you to local charity services.
If you are thinking that counselling will be helpful, whatever your enquiry, feel free to discuss this with me.
Call me on 07475 941512 or email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have wheel chair accessibility in Lowestoft only. The Norwich room is on the 2nd floor with no lift facility.
As well as week days, I am able to offer evenings, weekends or bank holiday sessions. I am available 9am till 9pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|