Hello and welcome,
I am an experienced, fully qualified Integrative counsellor and registered member of the BACP. I offer counselling in a safe, non-judgemental and confidential environment to help you explore your thoughts, feelings and behaviours, which may be negatively affecting your life.
As an Integrative counsellor I use theoretical concepts drawn from the major approaches, treating the unique person holistically. I do believe it is the relationship between client and counsellor that determines the success of counselling.
I offer both short and long term counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA first class honours degree in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling
- Transactional Analysis 101 Certificate
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling level 4
- Certificate in Counselling skills level 3
- Certificate in Counselling skills level 2
- Introduction to Counselling skills
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Introductory session £50
On-going weekly session £50
Each session lasts for 50 minutes and it is beneficial to meet on a weekly basis. The amount of sessions required varies and some people like to have a set amount and others prefer to work on an open-ended basis. We can discuss this and together agree what would be best for you.
Daytime and evening appointments available.
As well as working in private practice, I also work in the charity sector for a counselling service in Hampshire.
Being a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy means I am committed to meeting their quality standards. I undertake regular Continuous Professional Development keeping my skills and knowledge up to date ensuring client safety. Some of the training I have attended:
- Issues in working with people who have suffered developmental and early trauma. Graham Music
- Trauma & Dissociation: Essential skills for working online
- Helping clients heal trauma and PTSD during the pandemic with Janine Fisher
- Somatic therapy: Interventions to Enhance Embodiment in Trauma Treatment. Dr Arielle Schwartz
- The Growth-Promoting Role of Mutual Regressions in Deep Psychotherapy. Dr Allan Schore
- The Cause of Depression. Stefan Charidge
- Working with Difference. Ali Zarbafi
- Care of the self. Maya Jarrett
- Envy and Jealousy in Sibling and Peer Relationships. Jenny Riddell
- Workshop on Mindfulness. Barbara Guthrie
- Illusion in Thinking and Belief. Michael Jacobs
- Working with Clients Spirituality. Jill Guppy
- Anger Management. Nicky Worrall and Helen Davies
- An Introduction to Family Therapy and Family Dynamics. Graham Shavick
- Exploring Dreams. Diane Hardiman
- The Psychophysiology of PTSD and Trauma. Babette Rothschild
- Sexual/Domestic Violence and Abuse. Zoe Lodrick