01539 727 295 / 07922 594 999
As a person-centred counsellor, I put genuineness, empathy and acceptance at the heart of my practice. I have twelve years' experience of working with a wide range of clients, both for charitable organisations and in private practice.
I am committed to the person-centred approach, which is a warm, human and powerful way of working. I aim to build a relationship of trust, confidentiality and respect with clients, within which they can explore whatever they need to. It's my job to accompany clients on their journey, providing support and—when necessary—respectful challenge along the way. Clients work at their own pace towards feeling healthier, happier, more integrated and more fulfilled.
I offer day and evening appointments. I work in a calm, comfortable, non-medical environment. My consulting room is upstairs but for those clients who have mobility issues there is also a working space available in the ground floor. I have a parking permit so that you may park nearby at no cost.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been in practice as a counsellor for twelve years. During that time I have worked with clients on a range of issues including
- stress and anxiety
- depression, bipolarity and other mental health issues
- relationships and work issues
- crisis points and major life changes
- identity, self-understanding and personal growth
- addictive behaviours
- general counselling, persistent unhappiness,dissatisfaction with life.
I am a registered member of the BACP and work in accordance with their Ethical Framework for Good Practice. I undertake regular monthly supervision and am involved in a range of professional development activities, attending courses and workshops and undertaking one-to-one work. I have a special interest in work related to illness, loss and bereavement.
My qualifications include:
- Dip (HE) Counselling
- Conflict Resolution training
- Certificate in Counselling for Adolescents
- Primary and Intermediate Certificates in Person-Centred Expressive Arts Therapy
- PhD in literature
- BA (Hons) Cantab.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
My fees are:
- initial session of c. 40 minutes, £10
- subsequent sessions, £35-£45 per hour
- for students and those on a reduced income I am happy to negotiate reduced fees—please ask
I require 24 hours' notice of cancellations, or the full fee is payable.
I appreciate that it can be daunting making that first contact, and am happy to chat informally on the phone, or to offer information by email. I offer a no-commitment first session for a fee of £10, so we can see how it would feel to start working together.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have day and evening appointments available.
Types of client