Life can sometimes throw us a curve ball and can be challenging to deal with, working together alongside a counsellor can often help you make choices and changes to deal with difficult situations. Everyone goes through challenges and sometimes life changing situations, and while you may have made it successfully through other difficulties you face, there is no shame in seeking out extra support when you feel you need it.
I work in a person-centered way and offer a friendly down-to-earth approach to therapy, providing a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space to talk.
I believe counselling is about change - whether that change is about life situations, difficult feelings or other issues that you find at the forefront of your mind. Whilst we cannot change difficult situations of the past, we can work together to enable change to take place to enhance your future.
As an integrative trained counsellor I work flexibly and collaboratively, tailoring therapy to the needs of each person I see, this enables them to explore how life is, how they feel about it and how they react to certain situations within it with the aim of them finding a positive way forward.
I commit to personal continual development to enable my own growth and enrich my knowledge to work with clients in an effective way.
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I adhere to their ethical framework for the counselling professions. I have professional civil liability insurance and hold an enhanced DBS certificate.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a BSc (hons) Degree in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling - Middlesex University 07
I have over 15yrs experience of working with clients which include working with Adults and Young People with a range of presenting issues. Working with addiction and building a specialism of working with problem gamblers.
Short courses include:
- Children, young people and families
- Child Protection Training
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Diversity Training
- Essential Brief Therapy Strategies
- Humanistic Approach to Brief Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Safeguarding Training
- Solution Focussed Therapy
- Treating Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks
- Professional Development in Gambling, Problem Gambling and Counselling – Centre for the study of gambling University of Salford
- International Certification course on counselling pathological and problematic gamblers – Chinese Mental Health/ Canada university
- Working with Problem Gamblers – GamCare Certificate and continual annual refresher training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£40 per 50 min session
Limited concessions maybe available discussed on an individual basis
I work in private practice from my "garden room" on the outskirts of Woodbridge Suffolk with parking available.
I also work with organisations delivering problem gambling services.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I like to have flexible availability to meet clients needs where possible offering some daytime and some evening slots when available.
Types of client