Francine Blanchet MBACP,(Accred.) MA, BA, Adv Dip Couns
Humanistic, integrative counsellor...
Whether you have had counselling before or this is the first time you've considered seeking professional support for a difficult issue in your life, I hope I may be able to offer something that can help you at this time.
I have been a counsellor for fifteen years and have a wide range of experience in individual and couple therapy.
My specialist areas are infertility and miscarriage support as I have been involved in this field since 2012.
I also offer counselling to those couples for whom their fertility treatment is coming to an end and who are thinking about having a family through adoption.
I counsel couples who are experiencing difficulties in their relationships - either due to infertility difficulties or for other personal reasons.
And finally I have experience in supporting those who sadly may be going through divorce or separation
Individual and Couple Counselling
At times of stress or distress counselling is the chance to talk through the problems or dilemmas you may be facing with a skilled therapist. This allows you to discover your own way to a greater understanding of yourself and your problems and find your way towards the solutions that work best for you.
nfertility and Miscarriage Counselling
As a specialist infertility and miscarriage counsellor my field of expertise is in counselling women, men, couples, single women and lesbian couples who are experiencing difficulties having the family they desire. I can offer specialist support if you are:
- Undergoing fertility tests, investigations and treatments
- Suffering miscarriage, multiple miscarriages or ectopic pregnancy
- Having fertility treatment or donor conception either in the UK or abroad
- Contemplating being a solo mum using donor sperm
- Having to make the decision to terminate a much wanted pregnancy
- Ending or not even able to start fertility treatment
- Considering adoption
- Experiencing secondary infertility where a longed for second child eludes you
- Facing a life without children for whatever reason
- Experiencing the grief of having no children in the later stages of life
Training, qualifications & experience
My therapeutic approach is humanistic and person-centred. I provide an open, non-judgemental, non-directive client-therapist relationship to enable you to find the answers and resolutions to the difficulties in life you are experiencing.
In addition to my private counselling practice I have worked in a range of settings including;
- Specialist Infertility Counsellor at The Derriford hospital, Plymouth, Centre for Reproductive Medicine.
- NHS Exeter, counselling people from all ages and across a huge range of life experiences.
- Cruse bereavement care offering, confidential help to people who have experienced the loss of someone close, whether it is the death of a parent, a loved one, a friend or a child.
- Margaret Jackson Centre, a charity in Exeter which provides a low cost counselling service for adults over the age of 18.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
£45. per session/ hour
£55.00 per session/ couple/hour
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday all day. Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday afternoon and evening. Friday morning. Saturday morning
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|