Emma Wallen MBACP, MNCS Accred.
I will not tell you what to do, but I will be honest and intuit what deeper insecurities are lurking beneath your words. If you’re wanting to change your life, be heard, be seen and hear yourself over time answer some very painful questions that I’ll pose, then please follow whether you feel I may be the best therapist for you right now. I never invade in your journey but gently guide, empower you to feel the courage and understand your pain in a completely different way. Rather than seeing your anxiety, addictions, relationship issues and sadness as “ugly/bad parts” they are merely you in reverse, the shadow you, and together we will shine a light on this part that lays in a dark space within, wanting to emerge as the beautiful, peaceful and powerful you. Let’s do this together, with love and guidance.
"What if you truly approach your life from the perspective that life is happening for you? A failed relationship, a miserable job, an unsuccessful diet, the challenges, the storms…what if you examined all of the crap that has happened “to” you and chose to see where it all has led you—to see where it is leading you? What if you realised there was a purpose for every circumstance of struggle, challenge, and difficulty? Could you stop and appreciate these moments of darkness and realise they are necessary to guide you to the light in your life? You have the power to change your focus, to change your perspective, to change your life. Through acceptance and presence, you can choose to stop waiting for life to happen—choose to make it happen. Instead of waiting for a change, create a change. Every experience is important and necessary, even the challenges. They've taught you, they've carried you forward, they've nudged you back to your true path, they've expanded your consciousness. All that has come before and all that is yet to come exquisitely nourishes the evolution of your being. Listen to your life. Flow in acceptance. Allow life to happen for you. Be love." Creig Crippen
My previous experience as a Clinical Director for a counselling centre in the heart of London as well as the Counselling Coordinator for The Awareness Centre, sparked the confidence to work in the Public Sector, pioneering the need for diversity and supported my experience within the NHS; as a Psychotherapist and Counsellor with IAPT. I'm now acutely aware of the low morale clients can experience when needing therapy, birthing the love my partners and I have in establishing therapy and mindfulness platforms for those in need to regain autonomy for their mental health and never reducing the quality of care. This same thinking is applied to our platforms dedicated to supporting therapists achieving success within their personal businesses.
I'm currently working remotely via Zoom.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am an Accredited Registrant member of the National Counselling Society authorised and regulated by the Professional Standards Authority. With an additional registrant membership with The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I’ve completed three years of post-graduate training as a Psychotherapist and Counsellor in 2016 as well as additional couples counselling training. I completed my clinical Hypnosis training in 2014 and am a professional member of The National Hypnotherapy Society..
I received my Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, giving me my Accreditation status with the National Counselling Society.
- I qualified as an integrative couples therapist at Human Givens College undertaking a practical master class in 2017.
- Specialist training in Addiction, trauma and Alcoholism with CGL.
- Continued professional development certificate in clinical assessment, high-risk management and risk assessment with The Awareness Centre
- Completed a two-year training placement working within the NHS and IAPT service.
2014 - 2017
- I received my Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling at Chrysalis Training Institute.
- I obtained in my specialist area as a Counsellor/Clinical Hypnotherapist a Higher Certificate in Counselling Skills in 2014 and a Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy in 2014.
- I have a number of years experience as a counselling mentor in the educational sector as a specialist Counsellor. Noting this, I have completed an Advanced Teaching proficiency certificate within the Independent Learning Sector with Lauren Bacchus founder of Beechwood School and Clicks Book Store (PGCE).
- I have a Postgraduate, Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, accredited by the National Counselling Society and furthering my proficiency, I am a registrant member with the BACP (British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists).
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free initial telephone session
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
- £75 for a 50-minute session.
- £145 for a 60-minute Couples Therapy session.
- Aetna Global
My availability: https://calendly.com/emmawallen
Additional sessions are earmarked for emergency sessions, if you’re in an anxious state please contact me by text.