Emma Wallen MBACP, MNCS Accred.
"What if you truly approached your life from the perspective that life is happening for you? A failed relationship, a miserable job, an unsuccessful diet, the challenges, the storms…what if you examined all of the crap that has happened “to” you and chose to see where it all has led you—to see where it is leading you? What if you realised there was a purpose for every circumstance of struggle, challenge, and difficulty? Could you stop and appreciate these moments of darkness and realise they are necessary to guide you to the light in your life?You have the power to change your focus, to change your perspective, to change your life. Through acceptance and presence, you can choose to stop waiting for life to happen—choose to make it happen. Instead of waiting for a change, create a change. Every experience is important and necessary, even the challenges. They've taught you, they've carried you forward, they've nudged you back to your true path, they've expanded your consciousness. All that has come before and all that is yet to come exquisitely nourishes the evolution of your being. Listen to your life. Flow in acceptance. Allow life to happen for you. Be love." Creig Crippen
I'm a firm believer that people begin to heal the moment they feel heard...where you are right now is unique and deserves the exact right care. I work to ensure you are heard, nurtured and cared for within our time together.
I am the founder and Clinical Director of Sofalive, creating a centre for all to access face to face low cost and private therapy as well as an online platform designed to give everyone professional and affordable therapy from the comfort of their own home. My previous experience as the Counselling Co-ordinator for The Awareness Centre, has also created a great confidence to work with diversity and I have a number of years experience within NHS GP surgeries as a Psychotherapist and Counsellor.
My private practice is very local and offers and convenient access to and from Central London via Streatham Common or Streatham station and is directly opposite bus stops with straight forward routes to and from Brixton, Tooting or Croydon.
I encourage a brief chat to start, in which making a booking can then be arranged.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am an Accredited Registrant member of the National Counselling Society authorised and regulated by the Professional Standards Authority. With an additional registrant membership with The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I’ve completed three years post graduate training as a Psychotherapist and Counsellor in 2016 as well as additional couples counselling training. I completed my clinical Hypnosis training in 2014 and am a professional member of the The National Hypnotherapy Society..
Received my Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, giving me my Accreditation status with the National Counselling Society.
- I qualified as an integrative couples therapist at Human Givens College undertaking a practical master class in 2017.
- Specialist training in Addiction, trauma and Alcoholism with CGL.
- Continued professional development certificate in clinical assessment, high risk management and risk assessment with The Awareness Centre
- Completed a two year training placement working within the NHS and IAPT service.
2014 - 2017
- I received my Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling at Chrysalis Training Institute.
- I obtained in my specialist area as a Counsellor/Clinical Hypnotherapist a Higher Certificate in Counselling Skills in 2014 and a Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy in 2014.
- I have a number of years experience as a counselling mentor in the educational sector as a specialist Counsellor. Noting this, I have completed an Advanced Teaching proficiency certificate within the Independent Learning Sector with Lauren Bacchus founder of Beechwood School and Clicks Book Store (PGCE).
- I have a Postgraduate, Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, accredited by the National Counselling Society and furthering my proficiency, I am a registrant member with the BACP (British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
- £65 for 50 minute session if accessing within the week
- £70 for 50 minute session if accessing at the weekend
- Initial consultation for 50 minutes is £65-£70
- Couples Counselling for 50 minutes £90 during the week and £95 on weekends
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My availability does vary, please get in touch for accurate information.
Types of client