We all struggle at times. You may be undergoing difficulties and problems with everyday life. You might be feeling overwhelmed, lost, stuck or just confused. Listening is important and I will do a lot of that, listening to the difficult stuff that is hard to talk about. But I will also join you in working through your difficulties, being with you as you get to know yourself better. Together we can explore the difficulties you are experiencing with a view to understanding and accepting yourself. We'll go at your pace, in as much depth as you wish, working on what you bring in.
So, how do you choose a counsellor? There are a lot to choose from. Ultimately what is most important is that you get on with your counsellor, it is your relationship that matters. We can have an initial assessment session where you can ask any questions and voice any doubts you have. If it doesn't feel right for you there is no obligation to return.
I won't tell you what to do, I won't offer advice, you know yourself best. I believe that you already know the answers so my role is to assist you in finding them. I strongly believe that we are all capable of change and that includes you. So, if any of this resonates with you then contact me where we can arrange an initial appointment and see where it takes us.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic (Psychodynamic) counselling.
- Registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I work to their Ethical Framework which means that my work is underpinned by a set of values and ethics designed to keep you safe.
- I undergo regular continued professional development, so I'm constantly learning and developing my understanding.
- I currently volunteer for a local counselling organisation.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
I offer counselling in the Portsmouth area.
Sessions are 50 minutes long and cost £45.00.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client