Feeling lost, overwhelmed or confused? Maybe you're battling with every day life and don't know where to turn. Perhaps anxiety is taking over your thoughts, constantly niggling at you and wearing you out.
Most of us struggle at times. How would it feel to have some time just for you, to focus on what you want and need? Counselling can help to work towards accepting yourself or changing things that you are not happy with. Together we can have a look at what is going on with you, helping to give you space to think and work out what you want.
I strongly believe that we are all capable of change and that includes you. You already have the answers within you, I can support you in finding them. So if any of this resonates with you then contact me to arrange an initial appointment. You can ring me for an informal chat or drop me an email or text to find out more.
Note: during social distancing I am offering online sessions via Zoom.
- Face to face counselling in the Portsmouth area.
- Sessions are 50 minutes long and are in a comfortable environment easily accessible by public transport.
- Initial assessment is at a reduced fee of £35.00
- Daytime and evening appointments.
- Limited, free on street parking is available nearby.
- The room is on the third floor, but a lift is available for anyone with difficulties negotiating stairs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic (Psychodynamic) counselling.
- Registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I work to their Ethical Framework which means that my work is underpinned by a set of values and ethics designed to keep you safe.
- I undergo regular continued professional development, so I'm constantly learning and developing my understanding.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Initial session is £35, all other sessions are £45.00. All sessions are 50 minutes long.