Claire Dickety MBACP
"People start to heal the moment they feel heard." – Cheryl Strayed
I am a qualified integrative Counsellor working from comfortable consultation rooms in the Yeovil and Ilminster area. You are also welcome to visit me in my home office in Stoke Sub Hamdon or talk to me over the phone.
It can be difficult to take the first step to talk about how you feel, I offer a safe and non-judgemental environment where we can navigate these feelings together.
My approach is to work with you as a person, offering what applies in your sitation which we will agree together. Even if you don't know why you're feeling as you are, I can help you to explore this.
I work with both adults and young people, and have experience from within student counselling services. Coming from a background of occupational therapy in the NHS, I also have a wealth of knowledge of health conditions.
If you experiencing anxiety, stress or depression, are figuring out your life direction or in need of help with relationships, talking therapy can help you find the way. Are you looking to improve communication or resolve trauma? Maybe low self confidence is holding you back or you are grieving and needing support. Sharing thoughts and feelings can help to move past them.
The therapies I offer include:
• Person centred therapy - working alongside you to be able to reach your own answers from a position of empathy, respect and support.
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) - can be particularly helpful for challenging thoughts surrounding anxiety, depression, stress and OCD.
• Mindfullness - to be able to focus on the present moment. This can involve breathing and relaxation.
• Creative Therapies - to help explore situations from a different perspective.
I offer appointments during the day as well as in the evening to suit your needs.
Sessions are £40 per session. The first session is £20, which includes a free half and hour. Concessionary rates are available.
Training, qualifications & experience
Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
Professional Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
MBSR 8 week programme in Mindfulness
Motivational Interviewing training
Introduction to Life Coaching
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£40 an hour for individuals.
£30 an hour for Trainee counsellors
Concessionary rates available on discussion
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9-8.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|