Claire Dickety MBACP
"People start to heal the moment they feel heard." – Cheryl Strayed
I am a qualified integrative Counsellor working from comfortable consultation rooms in the Yeovil and Ilminster area.
Therapy is a collaborative process in which we can work together to address the challenges that life can present. I provide a safe, friendly, supportive environment to explore difficult feelings and to develop your understanding of them. Maybe you are finding things difficult, something has happened or feelings have built up over time? I offer a free initial telephone conversation where we can discuss what brings you to therapy and what you are hoping to achieve.
If you experiencing anxiety, stress or depression, are figuring out your life direction or in need of help with relationships, talking therapy can help you find the way. Are you looking to improve communication or resolve trauma? Maybe low self confidence is holding you back or you are grieving and needing support. Sharing thoughts and feelings can help to understand and move past them.
The therapies I offer include:
• Person centred therapy - working alongside you to be able to reach your own answers from a position of empathy, respect and support.
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) - can be particularly helpful for challenging thoughts surrounding anxiety, depression, stress and OCD.
• Mindfullness - to be able to focus on the present moment. This can involve breathing and relaxation.
• Creative Therapies - to help explore situations from a different perspective.
I offer appointments during the day and evenings.
Training, qualifications & experience
Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
Professional Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
MBSR 8 week programme in Mindfulness
Certificate in Working with Young People
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£40 an hour for individuals. Concessionary rates available
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|