Andy McCallum Dip Couns, Dip Sup, MBACP
I am a qualified and experienced integrative counsellor and supervisor. I provide a warm, confidential, and safe space where empathy and non-judgement help you to explore what you're thinking and how you're feeling. Sometimes those two ideas don't match up. If you're happy, I may use metaphor and share with you the latest ideas in counselling, psychology and neuroscience to make your sessions an experience where you feel heard and understood.
A counselling session is a time where you can be 'you' with an opportunity to either change something, or find happiness by staying the same. It's all about how you feel.
I am mainly person-centred, but can also draw on Clinical Hypnotherapy, Transactional Analysis (TA), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Gestalt, Draw & Talk, and Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) when you begin to understand what changes you want or need to make. I have significant experience with Bipolar 1 and 2, Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), parenting, stress, anxiety and depression. I can bring a mindfulness and meditation 'feel' into the room, and have 6 years experience working with children and families in schools.
When was the last time you felt a real calm, and peace, and quiet? Safe and relaxed and able to say what you want, how you want, and have a counsellor who accepts that 100%? Maybe even celebrates it with you?
I also use 'walk and talk' therapy on the river path at Trellisick, near Truro, where the energy of being around trees and water contributes to emotional well-being. You can bring your dog and still enjoy a confidential space to feel and think as you enjoy the fresh air. Walking makes talking very easy!
I have rooms in Truro, Chacewater, Redruth, and St Austell.
I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions and the British Psychological Society's Code of Ethics and Conduct.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Dip Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 4 Dip Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Level 4 PTTLS
- Level 4 CET
- Level 5 Cert CBT
- Level 6 Adv Dip Clinical Supervision
- IYN Certificate Yoga Teacher Training (ongoing)
- TA 101
- Cert NLP
- THRIVE Practitioner
- Cert Draw & Talk
- BSc (Hons) Psychology with Counselling (ongoing)
- Clinical Hypnotherapist 2010 to present
- Counselling Tutor with the CPCAB 2015 - present
- Counsellor in private practice 2014 - present
- School Counsellor 2012 - 2019
- Counsellor for D.A & S.V 2019 - present
- Clinical Supervisor 2015 - present
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- PTSD for military veterans and survivors of domestic abuse.
- Any issues for children and young people.
- Any issue in your subconscious that may you feel is just out of reach.
- Transpersonal and spiritual work or development.
- LGBTQ+ challenges or issues
Photos & videos
Payment is required before the session begins: cash, cheque, or BACS are all fine.
Counselling £45 per hour
Supervision £45 per hour
£60 per 90 min
24 hrs notice is required for cancellations and rescheduling. EAP most welcome.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm. Phone, text and email replies within 24 hours.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I obtained my level 6 Advanced Specialist Diploma in Clinical Supervision at Heartwood Counselling and Psychotherapy in Dartington, Devon. .