Andy McCallum Dip Couns, Dip Sup, MBACP
Cornwall Yoga Centre
4 Green Street
Do you need a personal or professional change in your life? Shine your light and I'll show you the way. If you can be courageous or do your best, I will give you the best of me, an experienced, qualified practitioner who brings a military, Police, and therapeutic approach with a 100% success rate in healing or decision-making.
I am a fully qualified and experienced integrative counsellor and supervisor. I provide a warm, confidential, and safe space where empathy and compassion encourage exploration around what you think and feel. I will share real-life experiences, the latest research findings in counselling, psychology and neuroscience, humour, and enthusiasm, to inform your sessions.
I am an integrative counsellor with a lovely therapy room in Truro. My main approach is person-centered. In your sessions, I can draw on other therapeutic models i.e. Clinical Hypnotherapy, Transactional Analysis, CBT, Gestalt, Draw & Talk, and NLP.
As a Counsellor and Supervisor, I provide a safe space for you to explore your thoughts, feelings, and processes. You only need to bring your authentic self, and if Carl Rogers' idea of 'presence' or empathy at relational depth might be your cup of tea, we can create that connection.
I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Dip Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 4 Dip Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Level 4 PTTLS
- Level 4 CET
- Level 5 Cert CBT
- Level 6 Adv Dip Clinical Supervision
- IYN Certificate Yoga Teacher Training (ongoing)
- TA 101
- Cert NLP
- THRIVE Practitioner
- Cert Draw & Talk
- BSc (Hons) Psychology with Counselling (ongoing)
- Clinical Hypnotherapist 2010 to present
- Counselling Tutor with the CPCAB 2015 - present
- Counsellor in private practice 2014 - present
- School Counsellor 2012 - 2019
- Counsellor for D.A & S.V 2019 - present
- Clinical Supervisor 2015 - present
- Police Officer 1992 - 2010
- South African Military 1988 - 1990
Areas of counselling I deal with
- PTSD for military veterans and survivors of domestic abuse.
- Any issues for children and young people.
- Any issue in your subconscious that may you feel is just out of reach.
- Transpersonal and spiritual work or development.
- LGBTQ+ challenges or issues
Photos & videos
Payment is required before the session begins: cash or BACS.
Counselling £45 per hour
Supervision £50 per hour
£60 per 90 min
24 hrs notice is required for cancellations and rescheduling. EAP most welcome.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm. Phone, text and email replies within 24 hours.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I obtained my level 6 Advanced Specialist Diploma in Clinical Supervision at Heartwood Counselling and Psychotherapy in Dartington, Devon. .