Andy McCallum Dip Couns, Dip Sup, OU ongoing, MBACP
Cornwall Yoga Centre
4 Green Street
07803 517765 / 07803 517765
Welcome :) I am an integrative counsellor with some lovely therapy rooms in Truro and St Austell. My main approach is person centered, which is a foundation for all therapies. In your sessions, I will go with your flow using Clinical Hypnotherapy, Transactional Analysis (TA), CBT, Gestalt, Draw & Talk, and NLP.
As a Counsellor, I provide a safe space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings to either resolve any issues that won't go away or maybe you just need to off-load and want someone to listen without interrupting or telling you what to do. Your therapeutic hour in counselling is yours to explore your authentic self, to say what you like, how you like, with no judgment...just lots of understanding. Maybe you know what your issue is and want to find a solution. We can do this too.
A celebration lies at the end of every journey.
As a Clinical Supervisor, I offer an integrative space of 60 or 90 minutes either 1:1 or in a group. Your supervision will be fluid, dynamic, rewarding, and a great place to grow professionally and personally. I have adapted Hawkins and Shohet's (2012) 7-Eyed model using a lilypad metaphor which paints across a bright systemic canvas.
I record my regular Continued Professional Development (CPD) and combine reading and research to enhance my work, sharing new findings to enhance your practice.
I have my own regular supervision to ensure I work safely, professionally, and ethically. I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions and am currently navigating the BACP Accreditation application process.
My public liability insurance is with Howden.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Dip Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 4 PTTLS
- Level 4 CET
- Level 5 Cert CBT
- Level 6 Adv Dip Clinical Supervision
- IYN Certificate Yoga Teacher Training (ongoing)
- BA (Hons) Psychology with Counselling OU (Graduating 2021)
- Counselling Tutor with the CPCAB 2015 - present
- Agency and private practice 2014 - present
- Primary & Secondary School Counsellor 2012 - present
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- PTSD for military veterans and survivors of domestic abuse.
- Any issues for children and young people.
- Any issue in your subconscious that may you feel is just out of reach.
- Transpersonal and spiritual work or development.
- LGBTQ+ challenges or issues
Counselling £30 per hour
Supervision £45 per hour
£60 per 90 min
Concessionary rates are available. 24 hrs notice is preferred for cancellations and rescheduling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm Sat 9am - 2pm Text and email replies within 12 hours. Phone calls returned the same day.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I obtained my level 6 Advanced Specialist Diploma in Clinical Supervision at Heartwood Counselling and Psychotherapy in Dartington, Devon. .