Dr Abbey Davies
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
I am a Counselling Psychologist, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). I provide a warm, safe and professional space for you to explore your difficulties and find ways of coping.
I offer a collaborative approach, working with you to determine what your goals are and how we may begin to address them. I draw on a range of approaches to ensure that your wants and needs are met; including person-centred therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, EMDR, compassion focused therapy, mindfulness based approaches and schema-informed therapy.
I work therapeutically with a range of presenting problems, and as a practitioner psychologist am skilled in offering psychological therapy to people experiencing complex mental health issues. Please note that I do not offer diagnostic or medical services.
Coaching is most suitable where you don't have a mental health difficulty per se (psychological therapy may be more helpful if you do). Rather than focusing on emotional difficulties or painful past experiences, coaching focuses on the present and future, and aids you to overcome barriers and limiting beliefs in order to become the best version of yourself. Coaching can used to facilitate improvements in many areas of your life, including relationships, work, health, confidence and more. Working with a practitioner psychologist ensures that you are meeting with a professional that holds a wealth of knowledge and experience in a range of different areas.
I am an experienced supervisor, and offer supervision to trainee and qualified clinicians - please see separate supervisor profile for more details.
What happens next?
To take things forward, please send me an email through the contact form. From here, I will offer you an assessment appointment to find out more about you and your goals. Each session will last 50 minutes (40 minutes for coaching) and can take place weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- BA (Hons) Psychology: First Class (University of Strathclyde)
- Doctorate in Psychology (D.Psych) in Counselling Psychology (Glasgow Caledonian University)
- Essential Supervision Skills: BPS approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision (SDS Seminars Ltd)
- NES Generic Supervision Competences (GSC) training
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- NES Specialist Supervision Training: CBT
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Child Protection: An Introduction and Refresher
- Introduction to Compassion Focused Therapy (NHS Lanarkshire)
- EMDR parts 1, 2 and 3 (Richman EMDR Training)
- Life Coaching Diploma: Distinction (Centre of Excellence)
- CBT-ED (CBT for Eating Disorders 3 day course, NES)
- Workshops in working with trauma, addiction, anger, conflict and aggression, bereavement, older adults and a wide variety of other presenting issues/populations
I have worked with NHS psychology services and for a number of organisations within the voluntary sector; including a hospice setting, a charity for survivors of abuse and services for children and young people. As a result, I am experienced in working with a variety of presenting difficulties and can work with people of all ages.
I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), the regulatory body for Practitioner Psychologists in the UK.
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£100.00 per session
Concessions offered for
- Psychological therapy session (50 minutes) - £100
- Psychological coaching session (40 minutes) - £70
- Supervision for qualified professionals (50 minutes) - £70
- Supervision for trainee psychologists (50 minutes) - £50
Fees can be paid via bank transfer. Credit/debit cards are not currently accepted. Payment must be made in advance of your session for your space to be confirmed.
Sessions cancelled less than 24 hours in advance will be charged at the full rate.
When I work
Please enquire for details.