Amba Newbury Relationship Therapist & Life Change Coach
Anxiety and concerns related to coronavirus.. isolation.. loss.. fear. Individual sessions on Skype and telephone available. Reduced rate for key workers.
Relationship therapy for Couples & Families, Singles, Work Colleagues & Friendships.
Individual Life coaching and Life Change Therapy. Meditation & Mindfulness and workshop leader.
- Couples Counselling
Established Relationships & Marriage Therapy- the work is focused on the relationship and also on external circumstances impacting upon you as a couple and individually.
In the therapy sessions we will :
- Identify where unhappiness is in the relationship and individually.
- Allow expression of what each person is feeling and needing.
- Look at your current ways of communicating and learn new healthy ways of communicating that will encourage a more positive and understanding relationship dynamic.
- Identify your hopes for the relationship, aspirations for your life and including both your individual needs we will explore what might be getting in the way of this happiness and fulfillment.
- Wounds in the relationship will be looked at and acknowledged. We will identify where there my be current blocks and work to integrate and heal these.
- Find ways to create more closeness , intimacy and sharing in the relationship.
- Look at the Sexual relationship : how each of your needs are being met and what changes can be made to feel more fulfilled and connected.
- Where required ; work out if you are both still happily compatible to move forward together in the relationship at this stage in your lives.
- Help couples who are separating to do so in an honestest, respectful, considerate and healthy way.
I am honest with you in what I see. I will be focused on helping you find more healthy and positive approaches to your life and relationship -which can be transformative. Therfore therapy sessions can be challenging and will require your willingness to be open and honest, to be with what can feel uncomfortable and sometimes unfamiliar... this is required in order to create change and growth.
New Relationships and Looking for a partner :
It is so important in a newer relationship to be able to be open and honest, to share your true self and feel heard and understood by your partner. Whether you are looking for love or in a new relationship your self awareness will be key to how healthy a relationship you attract into your life.
Together we will :
- Help you to be able to talk openly. To tell each other what you need from the relationship.
- Share hopes and fears for the relationship.
- Look at your individual Patterns in relationships that we subconsciously bring with us into new relationships.
- Understand childhood and family influences on how you give love and receive being loved. This will include acknowledging your personal wounds which may be getting in the way of fully having the loving relationship you desire.
Individual focus will be on;
- What you want & need from a relationship.
- What makes relationships difficult for you.
- How to be your authentic self in relationship.
- Historic family stories and wounds blocking you having a loving relationship.
- Identifying and working through theses blocks to fulfilling love.
Family therapy can be made up of Parent & Child, Adult parent and son/daughters, Siblings (adult or child) Grandparents, Step families , Parents ( individually or together).
In Family therapy sessions we will be:
- Identify problematic behaviors and dynamics.
- Opening up and developing easier and more compassionate communication and understanding of each other.
- Identifying and acknowledging hurt or damage that has occurred and looking at ways to resolve and move through this into an easier and happier relationship dynamic for all.
- Helping separated families to consider each other, to work together and develop healthy structures in which communication and behavior is positive and aimed at everyone's well being.
- Learn new strategies and communication skills to create better ways of relating.
Gain understanding of child and adolescent developmental stages and the expected behaviors.
- Identifying specific problematic behaviors and communication styles.
- Acknowledging and understanding each other so that we can look to resolve historic hurt/damage .
- Create a new and healthy communication structure.
- Looking at what problems have arisen in the friendship.
- Acknowledging the hurt and damage that has been felt and experienced and understanding each others experiences.
- Looking at ways to move forward- new ways to be in a balanced and healthy friendship.
All relationship work will involve developing better self awareness of your personality, your triggers, your unexpressed needs, hopes and desires and how you can increase your own self care and personal development. It will incorporate helping you to develop better empathy so that you are all able to see and consider each others experiences much more - this is key to good relationships.
Individual Life Coaching and CHANGE Therapy
For Love- Career-Wealth- Creativity- Health & Well-being-Life stages- Home/ environment
- Helping you to make changes in your life
- Helping you to get unstuck and bring in new and positive experiences.
- Learning how to be living the life that you want and deserve to be living.
- Getting to know the real authentic you and how to allow this person into more of your life.
- Learning about self care and well-being.
- Developing ways to express your authentic and unique self.
- Learning mindfulness, visualization and mediation techniques.
- Clearing blocks to allow abundance and bringing in happiness to your life.
- Body work to identify and release suffering and pain that is being held in the body.
- Inner child work to integrate and heal childhood experiences that are continuing to affect you in the here and now and thus are holding you back from health, happiness and life fulfillment.
I am a member of the British Association for counselors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
Please e mail or call if you would like to chat about what you are looking for.
If you know you would like to go ahead with therapy please let me know all days and times you can be available for sessions so I can let you know what availability I have to offer you an appointment.
I welcome enquiries if you are undecided and need to find out more.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Psycho-therapeutic training began in 2002 where I gained and went on to further train in the following qualifications:
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - CPCAB (Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - CPCAB
- Certificate in Counselling Studies - CPCAB
- Developing counselling skills -NCFE
- Introduction to Counselling skills - NCFE
- Systemic Family Therapy- IFT (Institute For family therapy)
- Further and Adult Education teaching certificate.
- Children and Young people Training - Relate
- Child health education and development Diploma.
I have also been a lecturer in Counselling for some ten years and a trainer in the adult sector for Relate.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Meditation and Mindfulness sessions are available in groups and individually.
Group training in Listening and communication skills.
Day workshops for self care and well-being.
Talks to young people about Healthy relationships.
Individual Life coaching and Change Therapy sessions : concessionary rates for key workers.
One Hour session £50
80 minutes sessions ( available fortnightly as well as weekly) £70
Relationship Therapy sessions:
One Hour - £60
90 minutes sessions £85
Home visits for family therapy observations £60 per hour
Workshops, Mindfulness & meditation sessions - contact me for individual requirements please.
Talks and training sessions- contact me for individual requirements.
Therapy Sessions are available weekly or fortnightly as required.
Once sessions are booked a commitment is required to pay for that session. Cancellation policy requires at least one weeks notice.
Please email or call if you would like to chat about what you are looking for.
If you know you would like to go ahead with counselling please let me know days and times you can be available for sessions so I can let you know what availability I have to offer you an appointment.
I welcome enquiries if you are undecided and need to find out more.
Children and Teenagers face many difficult challenges throughout childhood and adolescence and this can result in:
- Social withdrawal
- Disruptive behaviors and Anger
- Nightmares/sleep disturbances
- Eating disorders
- School phobias
- Self harming
- Relationship problems(family and peers)
- obsessive behavior
My family work aims to inform and educate parents more extensively in understanding child and adolescent behaviors. This will mean an acceptance to making changes is required in order for us to work together.
Each client is a unique individual and together we will work therapeutically in a way that supports and encourages exploration, healing and personal growth.