Su Grant (BSc Senior Accredited MBACP MNCHP)
Forest Therapy Centre
The Old Forge
75-77 Station Passage
0208 502 4674 / 07802 358880
Hello and thank you for reading my profile. I am aware that you have a wide choice of counselling psychotherapists to decide between so please let me tell you about how I work.
People contact me for many reasons; sometimes for support during difficult life events, or help with short/medium/long term issues. I have a highly comprehensive and wide range of experience to draw from which my 22 years in practice has afforded me.
Many people who I've worked with turn up feeling unhappy, confused and feel they need someone outside their personal circle to offload to, whilst processing a variety of issues. This may be because they don't wish to burden family or friends, or because they feel no-one suitably confidential has time to listen to them. Alternatively they often simply what a confidential private time in their week, to call their own. I'm here to listen to you, and unlike some practitioners willing to discuss options with you as well as listening!
What I can offer you
I believe am one of the most experienced therapists in our area, having over 22 years experience to date. I initially worked for the NHS, and now work Privately, through Insurance (I am a BUPA Service Provider) and through EAP's (Employment Assistance Programmes).
I am a professional, yet approachable and friendly practitioner. I am equally proud to be known as being appropriately challenging when the circumstances require this. Many of the clients who I have worked with have said this was exactly what they felt they needed from a counselling psychotherapist, especially if they have had previous experience of practitioners who may have been overly passive in their view.
The first step is always the hardest
The good news is that you've already taken the first step by deciding to look for a counsellor - so you're already on your way!
If you're ready to take the next step now -
- Call me on 0208 502 4674 / 07802 358880 or email me and we can discuss what's brought you to counselling and what you'd like to achieve. You're more than welcome to phone me even if it is just to have a brief chat whilst considering your options - there's no obligation to book a session if you decide you'd rather not proceed further.
- To see if I am the type of person who you feel able to 'open up to', I offer a FREE OF CHARGE Initial Assessment period in order for us to meet one another, and check that the chemistry between us is suitable.
- If you're happy to continue working together after your initial assessment, we'll arrange a suitable time for us to meet each week.
Where to find me
I am based in east London near to South Woodford Tube Station (within 100 yards walk). in a professional and comfortable Wellness Centre which was built in 2012, in a discrete historic part of our lovely town ( just 10 minutes from Stratford's Westfield Centre).
Training, qualifications & experience
Senior Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist
BSc Psych MBACP
- Advanced Diploma 1996 CSCT
- Clinical Hypnotherapist 1998 NCHP
- Accredited Teacher 'You can heal your life' workshops 2002
- Meridian Energy Therapist/Trainer 2004 MMET
- Master Practitioner EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) 2015 MMET
Specialist Practitioner in:-
- Anxiety Disorder/Panic Attacks
- Anger Management
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Self Esteem/Confidence
- Relationship Breakdown
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am a life coach and practice manager of Forest Therapy Centre.
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Arts therapies
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
My Fees are £50 to £60 for individual Psychotherapy (lower fees pre 6pm).
£60 to £65 for couple counselling.
Whilst I do occasionally work with minors, I equally work with a number of counselling psychotherapists who specialise with working with children and adolescents, should this be a service which you require. Please call to discuss.
How I Work
My psychological approach is called Integrative, which actually means I incorporate several training techniques.
My original training is called 'psycho-dynamic' which in essence believes we are all products of our childhood. I have also trained as a Behavioural Therapist through the National College of Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy, and am also a Clinical Hypnotherapist (although I only use hypnosis in approximately 20% of my clients).
Through my extensive career, I have also qualified to become a Master Practitioner in Emotional Freedom Technique, which is a tapping technique which is highly effective when treating Trauma, Phobias, and Anxiety. Yet again I only use this technique with approximately 15% of clients.
- Anxiety Disorder Specialist
- Qualified Barnardos Adoption counsellor
- Specialise in Aspergers Syndrome
- Teacher of 'You Can Heal Your Life' courses by Louise L Hay
- Supervision skills/theory
- Practice Manager/Clinical Director of Forest Therapy Centre.
Please see my web site http://www.sugrantcounsellor.co.uk
Many clients ask, 'Why do I keep repeating these patterns of behaviour???' If you have wondered this you're not alone. By being in therapy you will be able to identify your unconscious motives, which may have kept you trapped, sometimes for decades.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Can offer French/Spanish/Italian various Asian languages|
Monday to Wednesdays 9 am to 9 pm Sessions can be arranged for Thursday to Sunday by appointment
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|